Adventure - The Up and Up

Name: Adventure: The Up and Up
URL: https://youtu.be/i3zn0qrC-GA
Recorded: 2018.1.3 (ver. 4)

Transcript:
++ The Lighthouse, Mercury

// OPTIONAL {
Sagira: The Vex run all kinds of things in the Forest now, including combat tests on Fallen. They’re planning some kind of invasion, possibly on Nessus.
Ghost: You want us to ruin their test case? We’ve got guns. We can do that.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Osiris: Guardian. Ghost. I’ve obtained the coordinates to a Vex combat test within the Forest, designed to study the fighting capabilities of the Fallen. They must be preparing an invasion.
Ghost: We’ve got this. The Vex can’t study the Fallen if we delete them.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Osiris: The Vex are simulating the Fallen’s capability for retreat. I need you to attack it and destabilize their experiment.
Sagira: All this predicting, and they never predict that we’re going to air-drop the Guardian on them. Again.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Sagira: Ghost! Guardian! The Vex are running a combat loop against Fallen hostiles.
Ghost: But it won’t be much of a test if we get rid of all those simulated Fallen.
Sagira: Exactly.
}

++ Infinite Forest, Mercury
// OPTIONAL {
Ghost: If these readings are correct, the destination gateway is heavily protected. This simulation must be valuable.
Sagira: There’s nothing the Vex value more than unique data.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Sagira: Osiris and I are running cover for you by causing a little chaos in a nearby simulation. But the Vex know we’re interested in this Fallen experiment too. Expect a… strong response.
Ghost: Always.
}

** The Guardian traverses the Infinite Forest, heading towards the entrance to the Simulant Present/Future.
// OPTIONAL {
Ghost: So… the Vex have moved on to experimentation with the Fallen. Is it too much to hope they’ll destroy each other?
Osiris: Don’t hope. We’ll deal with them ourselves.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Osiris: The Vex controlling this simulation have been alerted to your presence. They’ve begun to shift the terrain.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Sagira: The Vex are aware of your presence. They’re manipulating platforms to slow you down. Remember: get in, eliminate the Fallen, and get out.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Ghost: Why simulate the Fallen? They’ve never been weaker.
Osiris: The Vex intend to erase all other life-forms. Powerful or weak. Affluent or destitute. Anywhere we can stop them, we must.
}

++ Simulant Present/Future

// OPTIONAL {
Osiris: Remember, you will not have much time to act. Move with purpose, and strike with intent.
Sagira: C’mon, he gets it! This is one of MY Guardians we’re talking about.
}

//OPTIONAL {
Sagira: By the way, the Vex have you on a time limit. Don’t let those Fallen escape!
Ghost: We can handle it.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Ghost: They’re not wasting any time. And neither should we.
}

** The Guardian defeats two Fallen guards. Several platforms appear.
// OPTIONAL {
Ghost: There! Those platforms!
}

// OPTIONAL {
Sagira: You’re doing great. Just don’t think about what happens if you fall.
Ghost: Great. Now I’m thinking about it.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Osiris: I have seen evidence that leads me to believe the phasing platforms shift between different realities.
Sagira: Vex - always have to do everything the hard way. If it helps, try not to look down.
}

** The Guardian traverses the platforms.
// OPTIONAL {
Sagira: If it helps, try not to look down.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Sagira: More platforms. And this is why the Vex have no sense of humor. Or friends.
}

** The Guardian reaches the top of the platforms.
// OPTIONAL {
Osiris: You are near the target. Do what you must to stop the Fallen.
Ghost: We know how to do that.
}

// OPTIONAL {
Osiris: The combination of constants and variables in this simulation is fascinating. Rigid structure in movement, dynamism in engagement, all within a strict framework. Beautiful. Unfortunately, I must destroy it when you’re finished. }

// OPTIONAL {
Osiris: The simulation window is closing, but you are near the payload that the Fallen are trying to extract.
}

// OPTIONAL {
// NOTE If the Guardian kills the Cache Defender, a Fallen Captain, within the time limit.
Osiris: Excellent. Another reality path closed to the Vex.
Sagira: Told you they were good.
}

// OPTIONAL {
// NOTE If the Guardian kills the Cache Defender within the time limit.
Sagira: Nice. One more Vex master plan thwarted.
Osiris: There will be others.
Sagira: And we’ll stop them too. Just enjoy the moment.
}

// OPTIONAL {
// NOTE If the Guardian does not kill the Cache Defender within the time limit.
Ghost: We’re running out of time.
Osiris: Enemies are closing on your position. We’ve lost our chance to deny the Vex information, but we can still destroy the Fallen.

** The Guardian defeats the Fallen.
Osiris: Take heart. Even thought the Vex retrieved their data, your efforts may have already altered its usefulness.
Sagira: Hmm. I wonder if they predicted that?
}

// OPTIONAL {
// NOTE If the Guardian does not kill the Cache Defender within the time limit.
Ghost: All hostiles down. The Vex got the data, but this bunch isn’t getting up again.
Sagira: A few less bad guys running around the Infinite Forest? I’m OK with that.
}

1 Like

Created Adventure: The Up and Up based on this post.