Arcstrider Vs. Bladedancer

So there’s going to be a lot of speculation and opinions here, so don’t take this to heart. I personally believe that Arcstrider is just a remodified Bladedancer. You have the same element, same build (sorta). I’m pretty sure there are the same grenades as well.
But then we get into gameplay. From what we saw in HomeComing, the ArcPole (as I call it) works the same as ArcBlade. It is a mostly melee only weapon unlike that of Sentinel and DawnBlade. The skill trees have pretty nice abilities so I look forward to playing with those.

By the way, it’s late and I’m probably not thinking straight…LOL :joy:

2 Likes

I know that with Sentinel you can switch between the shield & the bubble. Maybe Arcstrider/bladedancer works the same way?

2 Likes

That’s a really good point, I didn’t think of that…

You know as cool as the arc staff is, I like my knife a bit more.

I COME FROM THE FUTURE.
No, you cannot switch between Arcstrider/ Bladedancer.
Yes, they are very similar but I think Arcstrider is considered as its own independent subclass.
But I think you all know this already!
:joy:

2 Likes

I think Arcstrider’s shine is in its ability to dodge. I’ve seen clips of people dodging Golden Gun shots with Arcstrider and it was INSANE. It’s unfortunate that it’s so similar to Bladedancer, but I honestly feel Arcstrider has a bit more of a use.

2 Likes

Plus it’s combos are really cool!

It’s the same element, but it’s a different method to the madness, in a way. The Bladedancer was all about the blade trance and cutting up the enemy. The Arcstrider’s staff is more along the lines of martial arts - hence the punching instead of the knife, and the combos and acrobatics that we see. They’re just two ways to channel arc light, and it opens the doors to a realm of possibilities as far as variation amongst Guardian techniques.

1 Like

Very true and also promising for the future!

Well, the Arc Strider super seems to have more of a focus upon clearing a larger with erratic attacks that can take out multiple enemies, Blade Dancer was more focused, precise, but also quicker.

I honestly can’t really remember much about how Arc Strider played from the beta, so I suppose we’ll have to see.

2 Likes

True, Arcstrider does have combos while Blade doesn’t…

1 Like