Aurora Snow Flavour Text [Exo Origins]

So, some quick background: Aurora Snow is an EXTREMELY rare drop from the D2 beta which drops at 201 light (Video: https://youtu.be/vLVx5XLF4z0) this post discusses its flavour text!

The flavour text reads: “Exo dreams: bodies in ice. Bodies falling like meteors. Worlds of panic, fever, hypnagogia.”

The “bodies in ice” bit makes think of Cayde-6’s re-birthplace!(Europa?)
EDIT: Making my point clearer: Is it possible that the Europa Clovis Bray facility was one of the major Exo producing “factories”(No better name) in the Destiny universe?

Side note: I LOVE this flavour text! Beautifully written, enigmatic, and gives me hope that I’ll still have something to read after the removal of grimoire cards!

3 Likes

“Hypnagogia is the experience of the transitional state from wakefulness to sleep: the hypnagogic state of consciousness, during the onset of sleep. Mental phenomena that occur during this “threshold consciousness” phase include lucid thought, lucid dreaming, hallucinations, and sleep paralysis.”

Thought a definition would save everyone a quick search. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Thanks Red! I personally didn’t know what “hypnagogia” meant!
P.S Do you mind if I call you “Red”?

Oh, nice! Hopefully the full set makes it into the game, it sounds like it might have some more details about the creation & function of Exos.

The text reminds me a lot of Ghost Fragment: Exo 2, actually, especially the idea of hypnagogia:

Warlock thanatonauts die and come back with insight. I’m going to attempt the same process to get at buried memories. Specifically, I’m going to fire a charged particle beam into my head and see what comes out.

There’s already documentation of Exos trying to mimic the “dreams” seen by thanatonauts, but maybe Exos’ other dreams, like the Deep Stone Crypt, are similar?

1 Like

Red is just fine :grin:

I think you’re right on track with this! The description of an Exo’s DSC related dreams have always been portrayed as lucid…which is directly parallel to the idea of hypnagogia.

3 Likes

Thank you for your thoughts and yes that seems very plausible and similar!