Help us transcribe Destiny 2!

Alright cool as I might not be immediately available when you guys need it, I’ll just put the link in here for you. https://youtu.be/jof9ikCMJpY

1 Like

I dont see a leviathan dialogue entry and I’m starting to catalog all the end dialogue I can (as thats the dialogue that changes).

Edit: Unless theres a raid post (in which case I’ll move this) I’ll put my links in here for you guys. The transcripts are in the video descriptions.

Calus End Raid Dialogue V1: https://youtu.be/MI0nkUPSf14

Calus End Raid Dialogue V2: https://youtu.be/DzIYFwz7Lpw

or you could just make a raid post… and edit all the videos into one

We know that Arecibo has an optional ending that teases a Polar excursion on Mars, but that’s it so far

hi, I suppose German transcripts are of no use?

I have a question about one of the Adventures- Lost Oasis. Ive just run my Hunter through the entire story, and I have not come across an adventure called this.
There is a lost sector on Io called Lost Oasis.
Have I missed something?

The area where you first land on Io is called Lost Oasis. I can’t find any mention of an adventure called Lost Oasis. Maybe it was accidentally included?

1 Like

I can do the Voidwalker mission! Just tweeted you (sorry should’ve just done it here) but as soon as I can I can transcribe the shard of the traveller mission for Voidwalker.

1 Like

@unisys12 I think you extracted the list of Adventures, do you know where this came from?

1 Like

Yeah, it must’ve been an error in the API or something. Running it now, there is no mention of Lost Oasis as an adventure on any destination. The list of Adventures on Io are as follows:

Io

• Unexpected Guests
  • Road Rage
  • Cliffhanger
  • Postmodern Prometheus
  • Arecibo

If this was an error on my part, I do apologize.

2 Likes

How are we handling non-veteran transcripts? Do we want to re-transcribe the whole mission, or just the parts that are different? Or do we not want non-veteran data?

You can use the following syntax to deal with alternative dialogue.

// OPTIONAL {
// NOTE When the Guardian has defeated Aksis
Lord Shaxx: It’s the Young Wolf!
}
// OPTIONAL {
// NOTE When the Guardian has not defeated Aksis
Lord Shaxx: Hello noob.
}

1 Like

Awesome, thanks. Now as far as providing video clips for the alternate dialogue, do you want me to edit it into the main transcription video, or link to a clip of it in the optional blocks?

// OPTIONAL {
// NOTE When Guardian has not completed The Dark Below
// NOTE (Link to video clip with dialogue)
Ghost: We should ask Ikora, she knows a lot about Hive magic.
}

And do you have a preference as to whether the primary transcription video is from a veteran account with non-veteran optional boxes, or from a non-veteran account with veteran optional boxes?

I’m curious because I’ll be playing on PC going forward, and am trying to get a handle on what I’ll be able to contribute.

1 Like

That’s a great question. Ideally it would be edited into the video, but I think that’s impractical in a lot of cases. I think linking to the video in a note makes sense. :+1:

We have to draw a line somewhere though, otherwise we could end up with 16+ clips all on one page. And as someone with transcribed D1 post TTK strikes, it was a real pain triggering all the different dialogue AND splicing it together into one video. But then again, it IS ALL in one video now. Which is a much better resource than multiple clips with only partial recordings.

I agree, having one video with all the dialogue or two videos one veteran and one not would be simpler. With the prior, either one person would have to play on two separate platforms to get all the required footage, or two people would have to work to get the footage then coordinate who will compile the video and send the other the clips. In the latter, one person could transcribe the activity, be it from a veteran account or otherwise, then someone else records it from the other perspective and the person who initially posted the transcript amends it with the new dialogue and a link to a separate video for that dialogue. It all comes down to how we want to coordinate the effort.

Of course if the powers that be find that the difference between the veteran and non-veteran dialogue is inconsequential, then all this is irrelevant anyway.

1 Like

Are there any adventures someone doesn’t have the time to do? I can take on a couple more.

@HipNuts we are just missing Arecibo (which you are down to do) and @Wilbsorama has No Safe Distance. Looks like everything else has been done. No one has signed up to do the Voidwalker shard… you could always run a new warlock to get that mission

I can do the voidwalker shard

Still trying to get my upload to work. Should be up in the next couple of days