How to help us create Transcripts [Archived]

Okay!
I still believe there’s one ghost’s alternative quote that I missed in the beginning of the strike; if so, soon I will get it, and edit the post.
Then I notify you about the changes. :grin:

1 Like

Tell me about it. The new strikes have way too many random variable lines of dialogue. I have been rage quitting as soon as the wrong one comes up

3 Likes

At least D2 will be easier, since it coming also on PC means it can be datamined easily. Also it was confirmed there’ll be an API function for it. Lore was unconfirmed.

@HandsomeDragon posted about it in r/DestinyLore.

Yeah, as of now, there is no lore supoort for the API. It’s still being discussed though so that’s promising.

I’m not a PC player, can anyone explain how that will effect all this? Will people be able to extract the Lore, regardless of the API functions?

Yes. The Elder Scrolls Pages wiki got all of its information from the “Creation Kit” inside the games, which is virtually everything inside. I’m sure there’ll be something similar.

Interesting. Even things like dialog and stuff within a mission?

Down to what skills are present in each character, including factions available only to NPCs. Just type a random Elder Scrolls character name and make sure it is in the UESP (Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages). You’ll get either one of two options: one is GAME:INSERT-NAME, the other is Lore:INSERT-NAME.

This discussion is getting a little tangential. Would it make sense to start a topic about the future of transcripts?

1 Like

That sounds great. Sorry about getting off-topic.

1 Like