Is the foreign alphabet on some grimoir cards actually translatable?

I was looking through some grimoir and noticed some symbols on some of the cards such as this one:

It looks rather like a title(the text) and I was wondering if anyone has translated it in the past. If this is just all made up symbols them this post is kinda pointless! :joy:

4 Likes

Someone made a great post about transalating the fallen spoken language but yeah I think those symbols are just there to look cool!

1 Like

I did see that and thought it was amazing but theoretically isnā€™t it also the kind of thing Bungie would do?

1 Like

Do you have an example of Bungie doing it before?

1 Like

No but Iā€™m using the fallen language as my example.

1 Like

The Forerunner language.

2 Likes

Oh thanks! Very interesting! I wonder how many thousands of hours were spent making the lore behind these gamesā€¦

Just saying, that is all in fallen

there is a iffy translation if you look up ā€œfallen languageā€ in images but it seems many symbols have changed since that translation and fallen words are WEIRD

Most of those words the other dude that @The_Darkness translated in the spoken language are not these words in written.

Image result for fallen language

(top text) ee f o L a rr _ r f j

(Bottom text) m? o Q r _ c (wtf) u rr _ a n l _ ee f q

(_ are spaces between words)
Thatā€™s kind of a translation. I think is says something about the capture of skolas, but does not mention his name. I do think however that it isnā€™t really a forward progression as our language is, more of the sounds the language makes. so an A and a N put together is read as NA, and that means house (as in house wolves). some words may also be approximations of words in other languages, as lovos is wolves in fallen, and is is very similar to lobos which is wolves in spanish. In spanish v and b make a very similar sound as well as in fallen.

1 Like

Thatā€™s very interesting/strange , I hope Bungie builds on this and makes it a proper language! @TheTurtleMan