Nessus Ghost Scan Tracker

Artifact’s Edge

# Assigned Link Dialogue Processed
1 @DrJazzyBebop Ghost Scan - Nessus, Artifact's Edge Ghost: This is like a… cornerstone for Nessus. Put here by the Vex to mark linear time. It’s been 127 of our years since Nessus last traveled through our system. I don’t know how many Vex years that is. :white_check_mark:

Chamber of Sky

1 @DrJazzyBebop Ghost Scan - Nessus, Chamber of Sky Ghost: This isn’t like other Vex technology I’ve seen. I think it’s a relic from past iterations. Or maybe… future… iterations. You can never tell with the Vex. :white_check_mark:

Chamber of Stone

1 @DrJazzyBebop Ghost Scan - Nessus, Chamber of Stone Ghost: Okay, so this Gate is too small for a Hydra to fit through. But, according to this, dozens of Hydras passed through before it broke down. So either the Gate got smaller at some point, or there are hundreds of tiny Hydras out there somewhere. :white_check_mark:

Chamber of Water

1 @pirate_dani Ghost Scan- Nessus, Chamber of Water Ghost: I’m getting some weird readings from this conflux. Hey, remember the old Vault of Glass? There are some fractured headers here marked “Aetheon.” “Sekrion.”“Theosyion.” :white_check_mark:

EX-077 Command

1 XonVisniyr Ghost Scan - Nessus, EX-077 Command (#1) Ghost: This thing is still online. And it’s connected to Fallen comms on Titan. And in the EDZ. But… those are the only places I’m seeing. Nothing on the Mood, or Venus, or Mars. Did the Red Legion wipe them out? :white_check_mark:

Exodus Black

1 @DrJazzyBebop Ghost Scan - Nessus, Exodus Black Ghost: This Servitor shorted out when it tried to interface with the Exodus Black’s network. And then limped out here to shut down. It looks like Failsafe wasn’t gentle. :white_check_mark:
2 @DrJazzyBebop Ghost Scan - Nessus, Exodus Black (#2) Ghost: This thing is full of Ether, but it’s been… diluted somehow. Maybe a byproduct of the weird atmosphere on Nessus. Or maybe things are more dire for the Fallen than we thought. :white_check_mark:
3 @DrJazzyBebop Ghost Scan - Nessus, Exodus Black (#3) Ghost: Why set up a terminal this far from the Exodus Black? Must have been some kind of last-ditch effort by Failsafe’s crew. Poor folks. :white_check_mark:
4 @DrJazzyBebop Ghost Scan - Nessus, Exodus Black (#4) Ghost: The Fallen set up this terminal for remote access into the Exodus Black’s security system. I could have told them that wouldn’t work. Bet Failsafe had fun with them, though. :white_check_mark:
5 @DrJazzyBebop Ghost Scan - Nessus, Exodus Black (#5) Ghost: Wonder what the Fallen are planning to do with these? Some kind of remote probes to study the Vex? Raw materials for something? :white_check_mark:

Glade of Echoes

1 XonVisniyr Ghost Scan - Nessus, Glade of Echoes (#1) Ghost: The Vex don’t usually display trophies, but I can’t see any other reason for why this device is here. Something related to the crash of the Exodus Black? What a bunch of jerks. :white_check_mark:
2 XonVisniyr Ghost Scan - Nessus, Glade of Echoes (#2) Ghost: This Arc Spear was never used. Just leaning against a Golden Age agriculture container forever. I’m not sure the Fallen were really ready for what they found out here. I can relate. :white_check_mark:
3 XonVisniyr Ghost Scan - Nessus, Glade of Echoes (#3) Ghost: Someone tried to reforge this conductive metal into… I’m not sure what. It must have been the Fallen, which means that they thought it was valuable. :white_check_mark:
4 XonVisniyr Ghost Scan - Nessus, Glade of Echoes (#4) Ghost: Hmm, this must be scrap from the Exodus Black. Antennas like this were installed on colony ships for last-minute ionospheric composition during landings. :white_check_mark:
5 XonVisniyr Ghost Scan - Nessus, Glade of Echoes (#5) Ghost: The surface of this Goblin was oxidized by some kind of Fallen energy weapon. Always interesting to see how such different races interact at a technological level. In this case, mostly they were trying to melt each other. But you get me. :white_check_mark:

Hallows

1 XonVisniyr Ghost Scan - Nessus, Hallows (#1) / Ghost Scan - Nessus, Hallows (#1 - alternative dialogue) // OPTIONAL {Ghost: We came all the way up here, and this access point won’t even let me into the Vex network. I guess we should take that as a sign.} // OPTIONAL {Ghost: For a second I thought there was some kind of SIVA outbreak on Nessus. That would be bad on so many levels. How about we never see that stuff again?} :white_check_mark:
2 XonVisniyr Ghost Scan - Nessus, Hallows (#2) Ghost: Even broken Vex gates are pretty interesting. This one is emitting radio waves. I can almost … okay. Somehow the Vex are listening to classic rock from the Golden Age. They’re death robots with good taste in music. :white_check_mark:
3 @DrJazzyBebop Ghost Scan - Nessus, Hallows (#3) Ghost: The Vex never leave decommissioned units out in the open like this. Claw marks around the fluid chamber… I think the Fallen drained this construct. Huh. :white_check_mark:

Pools of Luminance

1 @DrJazzyBebop Ghost Scan - Nessus, Pools of Luminance Ghost: There’s nothing special about this crystal shard… Well, other than it being buried in a radiolarian vapor cloud that carries the energy readings of six stars. I guess that’s pretty special. :white_check_mark:
2 XonVisniyr Ghost Scan - Nessus, Pools of Luminance (#2) Ghost: In some simulation of some far distant future on some alternate version of Nessus this energy beam might serve some purpose that we understand. … Not here, though. :white_check_mark:

Prodromus Down

1 XonVisniyr Ghost Scan - Nessus, Prodromus Down (#1) Ghost: The identification signatures are scrambled, but there was some kind of VIP on this shuttle when it went down. Maybe she was going to be a governor or something. Now she’s the Mayor of Vex Town. :white_check_mark:
2 XonVisniyr Ghost Scan - Nessus, Prodromus Down (#2) Ghost: This antenna snapped off an escape shuttle… that didn’t do a great job of escaping. No one made it out of the Exodus Black before it went down. There must be crashed shuttles all over Nessus. :white_check_mark:

Sunken Cavern

1 @DrJazzyBebop Ghost Scan - Nessus, Sunken Cavern Ghost: They sure put this one out of the way. I was able to access their network for two cycles before they booted me. All I got was something about… endless trees. Or… forest? Weird. :white_check_mark:
2 XonVisniyr Ghost Scan - Nessus, Sunken Cavern (#2) Ghost: Emergency offsite data storage for the Vex, but it’s missing too many components to function. Too bad - I hear Ikora was looking for a weird hovering static chronodrive to add to her office collection. :white_check_mark:

The Cistern

1 @DrJazzyBebop Ghost Scan - Nessus, The Cistern Ghost: This particle beam is responsible for holding this entire structure together! How do the Vex… no, don’t think too hard about it. I’m still defragging from the last time I tried to figure out their physics. :white_check_mark:
2 @DrJazzyBebop Ghost Scan - Nessus, The Cistern (#2) Ghost: Putting a security node this close to a radiolarian waterfall is such an obvious trick to get us to fall off. Those Vex, always the clever architects. :white_check_mark:
3 XonVisniyr Ghost Scan - Nessus, The Cistern (#3) Ghost: A Conflux that’s directly connected to Mars. The Vex there are having a heck of a time with the Red Legion, it seems like. “Garden gate gone. Bay lost. Bastion fallen.” Huh. :white_check_mark:
4 XonVisniyr Ghost Scan - Nessus, The Cistern (#4) Ghost: A random Fallen spear, a long way from an owner. Be a lonely place to run into the Vex without backup. :white_check_mark:
5 XonVisniyr Ghost Scan - Nessus, The Cistern (#5) Ghost: This crystal has an energy signature, but… it’s here… and also halfway across the planetoid. I think it fell into a Vex Gate and got half-teleported Kind of like what happened to Cayde. :white_check_mark:

The Mists

1 @DrJazzyBebop Ghost Scan - Nessus, The Mists (#2) Ghost: This crystal’s made of the same material as the Lighthouse on Mercury. Remember the first time we went there? I wonder if it’s still out there. :white_check_mark:
2 @DrJazzyBebop Ghost Scan - Nessus, The Mists Ghost: This device is ordinarily used to shield a Vex Gate, but not anymore. It looks like a buckler from stories they used to tell in the City. The really old stories. Before we even knew what a Vex was. :white_check_mark:
3 XonVisniyr Ghost Scan - Nessus, The Mists (#3) Ghost: I think they’re running a test to see if they can get this thing to self-replicate. And failing, thank goodness. If the Vex were able to manipulate matter THAT easily, we’d be in a lot more trouble. :white_check_mark:

The Tangle

1 @erin Ghost Scan - Nessus, The Tangle // OPTIONAL {Ghost: Aah! I think this Conflux reacted to your Exo body… and then it burned out. Is there some connection between the Exos and the Vex? That can’t be.}// OPTIONAL {Ghost: This Conflux is specifically attuned to Exo programming. But why would the Vex have access to… oh, it must be Cayde.} :white_check_mark:
2 @DrJazzyBebop Ghost Scan - Nessus, The Tangle (#3) Ghost: If I’m reading this right there are… other Gardens. Like Black Garden Gardens. I couldn’t tell if they were being built, or were already destroyed… what does it mean? //NOTE OPTIONAL Ghost: All the foliage around this access point is somehow augmenting its firewall. I thought the trees were mostly organic, but… just add this to the pile of things we don’t understand about the Vex. :white_check_mark:
3 XonVisniyr Ghost Scan - Nessus, The Tangle (#4) Ghost: I’m getting some interesting signals here. This thing is connecting to … something. Opposite Mercury’s orbit, on the far side of the Sun. What’s out there? :white_check_mark:
4 XonVisniyr Ghost Scan - Nessus, The Tangle (#5) Ghost: If I’m reading this right, when the Vex first installed them there were over two hundred of these here. But as the conversion process went along they all got … absorbed. :white_check_mark:
5 @DrJazzyBebop Ghost Scan - Nessus, The Tangle (#6) Ghost: The readings off of this construct… if I’m reading this right, it’s been all across the galaxy. And I thought we were well traveled. :white_check_mark:

Watcher’s Grave

1 @DrJazzyBebop Ghost Scan - Nessus, Watcher's Grave Ghost: Hezen Protective. But I thought they were only deployed on Venus. Does this mean different Vex units have started traveling through gates? That’s… not great. //NOTE OPTIONAL Ghost: A gold-plated Vex? We’d better not tell Cayde. He’d come all the way out here just to melt it down and make it into a pistol. :white_check_mark:
2 @DrJazzyBebop Ghost Scan - Nessus, Watcher's Grave (#2) Ghost: This reminds me of one of Xur’s Strange Coins. A big one. Come to think of it, do we even know where Strange Coins come from? //NOTE OPTIONAL Ghost: It may look like a big creepy eyeball, but I’m pretty sure this is just a Vex exhaust receptacle. Just… Don’t touch it. :white_check_mark:
3 XonVisniyr Ghost Scan - Nessus, Watcher's Grave (#3) Ghost: Looks like the Vex didn’t like the Fallen moving in on their territory. Interesting that they’d smash a Servitor instead of trying to convert it. :white_check_mark:

Faction Rally

1a @DrJazzyBebop Ghost Scan - Nessus, The Rift (FWC) Lakshmi-2: A fragment of our past, touched by the Traveler in the present… I see beautiful futures spiraling out of this. :white_check_mark:
1b XonVisniyr Ghost Scan - Nessus, The Rift (Dead Orbit) Jalaal: This enigma troubles me. If it is valuable, it will draw enemies and sow dissent. We will study it closely. :white_check_mark:
1c XonVisniyr Ghost Scan - Nessus, The Rift (New Monarchy) Hideo: What an intriguing mystery. We shall treat your find with reverence, Guardian. :white_check_mark:
2 Likes

Hallow #2: Sometimes I love this game

I found another ghost scan on Nessus.
I unfortunately did not take a screenshot or video but I have a general sense of what it said and where it was.
If I remember right, the scan was on a small ledge, on the walls of the tangle. The scannable object is a golden vex goblin.
Ghost says something like this: “The radiolarian fluid unit on this vex appears to have been pried out, and it fallen claw marks around it”

EDIT: ok i found a clip of another guy scanning it. go to 16:00 on the vid

(btw this vid has a few that i dont think we have on here. like ALL the Glade Of Echos ones and the one during the Exodus crash strike. The cistern scannable at 13:30 is super interesting.)

1 Like

I dont think you guys have this one either. It talks about SIVA on Nessus.

1 Like

Looks like this is the veteran dialogue for Hallows #1.

We’re still slowly working our way through getting transcripts of all the ghost scans. Thanks for the heads up, I’ll keep a look out for these scans on Nessus next time I’m on.

1 Like

I’ve seen this video and ones by the same person for the other destinations. They’re very handy for checking which ones we’ve got and which we have yet to get. As I said in another post, we’re currently working on getting transcripts of all the ghost scans. There’s a lot of them, so it’s probably no surprise that it’s taking a while but we’ll get there eventually.

Quick status update:
To my knowledge, we’re only missing 1 scan on Nessus, which is located inside EX-077 Command accessed during the Exodus Crash strike.
I’ve gone to all the scannables on this list and checked them for non-veteran dialogue, where I’ve found any I’ve transcribed it and commented on the related post.
Someone will have to check the ones I’ve posted recently for veteran dialogue though.

2 Likes

I can check the recent ones for veteran dialogue when I get a chance. I was going to leave the strike scans (one on Nessus, and another one yet to be done on Io I think) for last since it’s a pain trying to get the right strike to show up. But if anyone else wants to do the strike scans they’re more than welcome to.

I’ve checked all the Nessus scans XonVisniyr has done for veteran dialogue. Looks like the only one of those that has different dialogue on a veteran account is Hallows #1.