The Sunless Cell

Name: The Sunless Cell
URL: https://youtu.be/kZyQghsi3Mk
Date Recorded: 2017.02.04
Transcript:

Flying to the Dreadnaught
Eris Morn Some creatures of the Hive strain against the Will of Oryx. Alak-Hul the Darkblade is one such. Long ago he fomented rebellion against the King and attempted to take his mantle. Alak-Hul failed and now awaits the “mercy” of the Hive. Given the chance the Darkblade will step in to take Oryx’s crown. We must not allow another prince to rise.

Transmatting into the Mausoleum on the Dreadnaught
Eris Morn The Darkblade suffers his judgement in the depths of the Hive prison. Im feeding an energy marker to your Ghost. It will lead you to his call.

Approaching the Asylum
Eris Morn I can sense a powerful incantation. Hive runes hold the far door shut.

Ghost My scan say the runes draw energy from those towers. If you get me over there I can hack them and open the door.

Successfully hacked the first battery
Ghost The spell is getting weaker. Let’s get to the other battery.

Approaching the Hanging Crypts
Ghost We’re on the right track. Alak-Hul’s energy marker is getting stronger.

Eris Find the Darkblade. Finish this.

After fighting through the Hanging Crypts to to the bridge to Alak-Hul’s cell
Ghost I think this is going well.

Eris Morn Then you do not know what you face. The Darkblade is formidable. And left unchecked, a worthy successor to lead the Hive. Dawn has not come. It hasn’t been dark enough yet.

Ghost That’s very encouraging.

Alternative dialogue
Ghost Eris, why did the Darkblade rise against Oryx?

Eris Morn The Wizard Verok was his mate. He slew a legion of Thralls in her name. Marched on the King’s throne, at the head of an army built of hate and pain.

Ghost How…romantic.

Alternative dialogue
Ghost Eris, why does Oryx have a prison?

Eris Morn “Prison” is the wrong term. He holds his victims, tortures them, then renders them down into chitin for his ships.

Ghost Chitin, lovely.

After fighting to the entrance to the cell
Ghost You first.

Alternative dialogue
Eris Morn Your fate lies below. Embrace it.

Alternative dialogue
Ghost Nothing left now but the drop.

Jumping and landing in the cell
Eris Morn Alak-Hul is near.

Alternative dialogue
Eris Morn Alak-Hul. He is hunting you.

Alternative dialogue
Eris Morn The Darkblade. I sense him.

Upon defeating and killing Alak-Hul, the Darkblade
Eris Morn Yes. May his dark soul go screaming into the pit between the stars. With none left to lead in Oryx’s wake, the Taken will languish, decay. But they will not die away. You have given us time, time to recover… to bury the dead. And make ready for the next shadow on the horizon.

Alternative dialogue
Eris Morn Yes, May his dark soul go screaming into the pit between the stars. A pretender to the crown is dead. Know this, Guardian; Alak-Hul was there when we went down into the pit. What you have done, you have done in their names: Toland. Sai Mota. Eriana-3. Vel Tarlowe.

Alternative dialogue
Eris Morn Yes, may his dark soul go screaming into the pit between the stars. The creatures of the hive are treacherous. But they can still fall into infighting, to petty distractions of the flesh. (low laugh) That is why we must rise above, Guardian. It is the only way we will survive the long night.

@baxter having a weird time with the Sunless Cell. :scream: Keep getting dumped into strikes en progress. Anyway, my real question is… there is alternative dialogue. Seriously, I have run parts of this strike 4 or 5 times tonight, and I am seeing different dialogue in places.

What do you want me to do?

This problem came up when we were talking about the Will of Crota dialogue. I don’t really have a good way of displaying that!

What I did in that case was this…

*Eris* Omnigul's only purpose is to usher in Crota's return. If she lives, our fight against Crota's armies my never end.
**— or —**
*Eris* Omnigul's only purpose is to usher in Crota's return. She failed, but wont stop fighting until her master's will is done

It’s not ideal. Did you notice a large number of variations?

@baxter, the other Destiny wiki has a transcript featuring different dialogues, three for the first, two for the last.

As an FYI, I’ve personally recorded in Destinypedia several alternate enemy Majors appearing at random times in Strikes, like the Sunless Cell, so I’d not mention them.

1 Like

Ive updated the transcript with all the dialogue I was able to find. I even spotted one Destinypedia didn’t have :blush:
@baxter can you just check the video to see if how I presented it is what you like.

1 Like

Oh this I’ve got to see! What time-stamp is it?

goodness, its not that amazing. It was two I found.

Nothing left now but the drop

Yes. May his dark soul go screaming into the pit between the stars. With none left to lead in Oryx’s wake, the Taken will languish, decay. But they will not die away. You have given us time, time to recover… to bury the dead. And make ready for the next shadow on the horizon.

2 Likes

Destinypedia unfortunately doesn’t have a transcript written out The Sunless Cell yet, but this will go forward in ensuring it will.

you are right. not destinypedia, it was destiny wiki that was missing those two quotes.

1 Like

I appreciate it all the same! Everything toward making a better and accessible source of Destiny information.

2 Likes

Created The Sunless Cell based on this post.