Transcribing Destiny 2

Hello!

Recently we have been discussing our plans for transcribing Destiny 2 and whether we should begin transcribing with the beta in July, or whether we should wait for the launch in September.

Our current plan is that we should start transcribing during the beta, and if there are any significant changes between the beta and the launch then we’ll just have to re-transcribe those things :slightly_smiling_face:

So here is a basic outline of how I think we should do things, based on my experience with Transcripts so far.

1. We will use a separate topic for each of the different kinds of transcript, e.g. Mission, Strike, Cinematic, Lost Sector, Ghost Scan (if there are ghost scans) — the topic for each type will list all of the known entries for that type, e.g. every mission, every strike…
  2. Transcribers will put their name next to 1 or 2 entries on a topic to say that they are going to record it
  3. Transcribers will upload a video (it doesn’t have to be to youtube but it does have to be somewhere that we can access it) and submit a new topic with the title of what they recorded
  • If you just upload a video that’s fine
  • If you upload a video and a transcript of that video following our guidelines then you are awesome :smile:
  1. Since I don’t think it’s scalable for me to review every single transcript like I did for the last iteration, a group of reviewers will help to clean up transcripts and then mark them as approved on the forum
  2. Either @PurpleChimera or myself will import the approved transcripts into the Ishtar Collective
10 Likes

I think is a great approach!

2 Likes

I’m so ready for this…!

1 Like

Is a clip from a PS4 uploaded to YouTube okay? I’m happy to transcribe them too.

2 Likes

@Andraste_Blaze, yes! We ask that you cut out any unimportant parts, but we can help with that if you struggle with that. Please see How to help us create Transcripts for guidelines :slight_smile:

3 Likes

will be more than happy to help you guys out! :grimacing:

1 Like

Been a while :full_moon_with_face::point_left:
But aye, I’ll be here at some point in D2 willing to help out. Just need to clear some space on the PS4 and make way👍

Cheery-bye​:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::full_moon_with_face:

2 Likes

I still have a load to do from D1! Those darn strikes with alternative dialogue

1 Like

Are there people who can transcribe videos for people who aren’t able to type out the missions? I capture footage for everything I play but I don’t have the time to type out the dialogue.

I’m wondering if there are people who aren’t able to collect footage but can transcribe I could team up with

1 Like

When you say transcribe, do you mean the process of ‘edit video, render to YouTube, then transcribe’ or are you just talking about the trabscribe part?

1 Like

If you have videos that’s great, but we want those videos to be edited. As the Transcript Guide says:

If you’re following the guidelines in the Transcript Guide then please post the videos and someone else can transcribe them. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m more than happy to type stuff out if that will help? I keep forgetting to record … :weary:

1 Like

Hey pirate I have video I need to clip up for d1 Sun breaker mission if you want it. I really wish I could transcribe but my computer has completely shit out and I don’t know if I could do it on the work computer…i mean I’m going to try.

I think we already have that one? Could be wrong. I can’t do any video editing anymore anyway. I no longer have a Mac. I can’t really edit on my ipad

1 Like