Warmind of Mercury

Is it possible that the Warmind of mercury is/was called Icarus like the crucible map? I don’t know if there is really anything to back this up but would it be possible or likely?

1 Like

With the information that we have, anything is possible! But I don’t know of any other information to suggest this, so I’m going to say that it isn’t likely at this point. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’m inclined to think not:

-Rasputin and in theory Charlemagne seemed to be named after notable historical figures (what other criteria was used, if any, remains unknown at this point).
-The use of Icarus could be related to the Vex, which in Destiny use a greek theme (Atheon, the Gorgon, Minotaur, etc.). Granted, the location in question is not under the control fo the Vex, but do is located in Mercury, which in Destiny essentially belongs to the Vex.
-An alternative is that the map is called Icarus simply due to its background as a solar energy gathering facility on Mercury, the planet closest to the sun, which may relate to the myth of Icarus who flew too close to the Sun.

1 Like

Found some official info:

Details: Icarus is the name of a massive Golden Age solar collector that has been built into one of the craters on Mercury’s surface.

2 Likes