Who Is Nokris? - Deep Speculation/Theory

Something I noticed while reading the books of sorrow verse 1:0, Aurash ends her letter with. . .

“With love, for your second birthday,
Your first surviving sister,
Aurash”

Maybe Nokris was a sibling of Aurash that died on Fundament

as far as I know they actually had more than just 1 sibling they lost on Fundament.
Also the way I see it, the statues represent a Hive being after the morph with worm larvae, that’s what the “hive” are in the 1st place, they never called themselves “Hive” prior to the biological changes.

the way the BoS are written there are a lot of gaps between the sub-verses & obviously also a big one between the end of it & Oryx’ arrival. Also apparently there are at least 7 books in total.
So Nokris is either someone that has actually been mentioned within the books (the whole point of Savathûn about the books being full of lies) or it is a character that has yet to be mentioned, either in the missing books or actually in the story in-game. I strongly believe that Nokris will make an appearance in D2, because his name has been dropped in a main-story mission, which for me has a bigger emphasis on the story than the grimoire.

2 Likes

The Helium Knights ate a number of Aurash’ s siblings in tribute.

1 Like

That was the Drinker ambassador.

1 Like

Right. Ten of them, if I remember correctly.

1 Like

Nokris could be Eris. After all, she randomly appears in the Tower, claiming to survive with the hive. Talk about rubbish. Maybe she wanted Oryx’s throne to herself and got the guardians to do her dirty work. Plus, if you put her face on the soul of Crota, it matches perfectly…

It’s interesting - spinfoil hat: ON - to consider Eris ascending to Hive godhood (after all the Guardian did it, there’s not much stopping her) but if that happened, I would think it would be post-Regicide. In that case, I don’t know why a statue of her would be on the Dreadnaught. Add that to the fact that Eris would still look like Eris, and Nokris’s statue is almost indistinguishable from Crota’s.

The Traveler existed Pre-Oryx, Oryx does mention a mother as well. Nokris is more likely Oryx’s son or daughter. Truthfully I skimmed this so if any of my comments are null I am sorry.

1 Like

Actually, I was scrolling through this website in Immemorial, and found this…

I know his sisters are the witches, but it doesn’t mention names, so…

Pop.
(My friend did this)

There is actually another…object like the Traveler, called Leviathan. However, the Leviathan got killed by the original hive, which caused the Traveler to flee, and sent it to Eliksni, and eventually caused the Whirlwind, which is how it came to us. I guess we have Leviathan to thank for everything. Both good and bad.

1 Like

Of course it did. I was saying that the Dreadnaught existed pre-Eris and if she were to ascend to Hive godhood, it would likely be after King’s Fall. :smile:

I do acknowledge that its total spinfoil though, you’re right in saying it’s more likely one of Oryx’s family.

Eris doesn’t necessarily have to be related to Oryx. According to Ishtar-Collective, Eris had a mutation that occurred that helped her survive with the hive. Going in the Hellmouth doesn’t mutate you, so she could have made some type of followers before or after her mutation.

Eris went into the hellmouth and survived and this is stated (I think) either in the grimiore or by Eris herself that she stole acolyte eyes after they stole her’s or something along those lines

Eris lost one of her eyes during her ordeal, and used one of the techniques she picked up from Toland to graft an Acolyte’s eyes into her own. At least, that’s what we can infer based on her passive quote:"…they took one, I took three."

Imagine Eris as a Hive God, would Eriana-3 be the equivalent of Jesus? My new religion.

The card also says that there were multiple spawns, and that Crota and the Deathsingers came from one of them. What makes Nokris so special that Oryx treasures her out of everyone else?

When did Nokris get mentioned in a main story mission? Id like to see that. AFAIK the only thing ever associated with Nokris is the statue in D1 on the dreadnaught. Thats not what you mean right?

Yes, that is the only time Nokris gets mentioned at all.

Nokris is also mentioned in the lore tab for the Gensyim Knight Mark/Bond/Cloak: http://www.ishtar-collective.net/entries/gensym-knight. Apparently Eris asked Asher if he can find any information on Nokris.

Thanks, that is extremely exciting! just like the exo stranger, another piece of mystery carries over to D2 :slight_smile:

2 Likes