Wielding the Light

That’s actually how my theory began! I made a post about it on here, but the more I looked, the more I felt all forms of Light had a somewhat ominous feeling, although Void is definitely at a tier above the others. The Void has a “feeding nature” that is very similar in my mind to the Worm Gods and which also connects with a lot of Ahamkara flavor text

1 Like

I agree with this 100% :100: :ok_hand:

Well then that would go against the logic of the Ahamkara because they give power in exchange for a heavy debt.
Furthermore, no one taught US any abilities; we just evolved on our own.

Anyways @HandsomeDragon, thank you for your opinion!
I strongly believe otherwise but this is what lore forums are for: discussion!
:+1:

There’s no reason that the debt couldn’t be the Ahamkara feeding off you or something similar.

In any case, the Ahamkara are unreliable and their “logic” is difficult to discern. The best we can offer is, again, conjecture.

If you disagree with the opposite opinion, please refer to the community guidelines and supply information to back it up. :slight_smile:

2 posts were split to a new topic: Citation and Discussion

Moved my reply to a new topic, since it’s more about forum business than lore. Don’t pay any mysterious edits any mind; I’m still learning how to bandy about with post locations :grin:

If anyone wants to continue this line of discussion please enter the new topic. If you have more thoughts about Light theory, please post those here.

I feel very attacked right now. :joy::joy::joy:
Can’t I have my opinions plus facts without citing a source?
This is a community forum not a court of law or something!
¯_(ツ)_/¯

@The_Darkness @RedRenegade: I have a couple thoughts on this. First, if you owed a great debt to someone (thing) what might be a solution (in your mind) to that problem? Possibly complete annihilation of that thing?

Also, take these two quotes (there are others but I’m on my phone and multi tasking is hard ha -credit to @BlueCrew86 for the pic :wink: )

Especially the bladedancer, to me, has a weird ominous feeling to me. Each kill with the blade brings a new lease on life…

1 Like

Spinfoily, but interesting. I suppose we’ll find out if that was just meant to sound cool and formidable, or there’s actually something malevolent involved.

Wait…Ahamkara feeding off you. A debt repaid with…what…your own Light? Which would explain maybe its influence over some with regards to twisting, etc.

Feeding…siphoning…passing on to something else perhaps? The same way the lesser Hive pay a tithe to those above perhaps? Did say somewhere that Oryx didn’t create it, only used it.

Please correct me if I’m wrong anywhere, I’m still very new to the Lore and I’m going to bugger up at some point lol

1 Like

Yep! Rollllllling back to my original post:

2 posts were split to a new topic: Identity of Mara Sov

Feel free. Like I said, I’m new to the Lore so I’m a bit scatterbrained at the moment. Like throwing a few hundred tennis balls at a spaniel. :joy:

What I meant by “going against the logic” was that by someone teaching what he learned from the Ahamkara to someone, the student would be debt-free while having the same power given.
Therefore, he would have all the positives with no repercussions!
EDIT: Adding something here so I don’t "fill up the forums"
I think “a new lease on life” means “a new understanding and view” and has nothing to do with the Ahamkara.

Your point about the logic makes a lot of sense now that you elaborate. Thank you for doing so, because now I know that I agree! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t how to quote my post but I’ll do it the hard way.
"No one taught US any abilities. We just evolved on our own"
This is basically common knowledge to anyone who’s loaded up Destiny and played for an hour.
No character comes and teaches you how to use the light, you level up on your own.
I didn’t feel the need to back it up because I felt it was blatantly obvious. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
TAG: @baxter this is the post I was talking about.

1 Like

I would agree for the most part, as I said, this is more a “nothing explicitly says it’s false, so I’ll try to prove it true”. That said, without knowing what the deal is/was between the Ahamkara, we can’t speak to how it would work. If my dad teaches me how to rob a bank, and informs me of the consequences, and I then turn to my friends and teach them, the consequences still exist for them. A poor analogy, but I’m tired and haven’t had coffee yet ha. But I think it makes a good point. It is definitely a great question, would we, who’ve never made a deal with Ahamkara be tied to the same deal? I would say it’s definitely possible.

That’s a very possible and plausible definition. You could be right. But we just don’t know at this point (and Tevis is dead now so we’ll likely never know what he meant sadly :frowning: )

This is all conjecture on my part, still coming from just a different interpretation? And I’m not even saying, I think this is what happened, but rather this could be what happened.

But sometimes we need to look between the game mechanics and the lore. In the game, no one teaches us, correct. Because going to the tower and sitting in 6 hours of Guardian School would make for a bad game. But that doesn’t mean we aren’t taught things. We have our Ghost, the Speaker, the Vanguard, all willing and able to teach. There’s text in the grimiore about Guardians being trained, sure training could mean just to sharpen abilities, but the definition of “Train” is to “teach a particular skill or type of behavior through practice and instruction over a period of time.” So I think if definitely fits into my idea of us being taught our powers.

I know this is a little bit off topic but @HandsomeDragon about the new TTK subclasses drawing light from the Traveler this sunbreaker Titan class says,"“Forge the fury of undying suns.” and I think this means (and my name is byf and mylen games touches on this) that were pulling power directly from the sun