Wielding the Light

It’s not the size of Mercury. In-game cinematics, cutscene cinematics, and concept art vary in size. I’d go with the assumption, from a reddit post where people calculated the Traveler’s rough size in-game, as one-point-two kilometers.

Also, again reddit, here’s a post where someone tried to discover why we were beaten by the Cabal on our home ground. To put it succinctly, we didn’t listen to Shaxx or Saladin during the Crucible matches on Control. The Cabal figured this out, and being the masters of war they are, obliterated us.

I was exaggerating -_-

Also yeah, we are stupid guardians (insert derpface)

1 Like

@Boogaboss101 Hi there! This is where my theory that led me to start this topic comes in. Basically, the Light and the elemental effect are independent of each other; the Light comes from the Traveler and the element comes from a source like the arc storm.

@DeathAwaitsAll the Cabal had more than just common sense on their side, too. They had been studying our behavior and that of our Ghosts in combat as shown in Ghost Fragment: Cabal 4.

1 Like

@RedRenegade hello very good theory that make much more sense I was a little confused on the subject but thank you for your insight

Sorry, I didn’t see this post till now.

That is absolutely correct. The point I made is that it’s still Arc Light. It’s not a different Light because it came from the “storm”.

The “size of mercury” line is obviously hyperbole man!
:joy:

…a ton of stuff to sift through but here’s my spinfoil contribution. To me Destiny is essentially an action-heavy First-Person RPG. The 3 Classes are as I referenced elsewhere on this site, dystopian sci-fi future-fantasy:
Warlocks= Wizards/ Mages/ Clerics
Titans= Warriors/ Paladins/ Knightly Orders
Hunters= Rogues/ Rangers/Assassins
Awaken= (Dark) Elves
Hive= Chaos/ Entropy
Cabal= Empire- Conquering Invaders akin to Roman Empire era with their Rank Structure etc. (Orcs/Orks)
Eliksni= similiar to to Humankind in that they are the remnants of a once proud Species, reduced to Piracy and inter-tribal (House) warfare but seeking to regain their prominence. (Atlanteans???)
Vex= literally the unknown Variable, they don’t assimilate you but seeking the Final Equation, ignore Humankind until we “got in their way.” (Can’t correlate a Fantasy-esque theme, thus the Spinfoil of my thoughts are exposed.)

Sooooo, my point?
I don’t think we just “poof” learn a new skill but rather out-of-game/ off-screen so to speak, in between Missions our Characters go to their Classes and are taught by Senior staff. So a Titan has a Cadre of Senior Titans, Brother-Sergeants and Brother-Captains; Hunters might have a Warden or Master Tracker and Warlocks an Archmage or Master Seer…

Yes spinfoil but I don’t think we wield teh Light just because but our avatars do get taught and trained and maybe the fact that we can use 3 elemental sub-classes points to just how bad*#@ your Guardian really is.

Sorry so long, sorry so Spinfoily.