Thoughts on Grimoire Cards not returning in Destiny2?

THAT SOUNDS AMAZING.
I would love to have a lore library in-game!

While not an uber gamer myself (read: unlocked many but not all of the Grimoire Cards,) I blame lazy players who wanted the story literally spelled out for them instead of actually earning each nugget and piece of “three 1,000 piece puzzles with only 750 pieces to work with.”

I hope in the new iteration of Lore that whatever its format, the data/lore/hints will be just as cryptic and piece-meal as before. Using our imaginations to fill in the gaps with suppositions only added to the entertainment and mystery of the Lore.

4 Likes

Fully agreed. It’s arguably what made Destiny 1 what it is, apart from the salt.

1 Like

OK so I know I’m late to the party but I gotta say its BS that the grimoire cards are gone even though this scanning thing is a interesting way to tell the lore I think they should have done both mainly because the cabal came in and took everyone’s immortality away and started a genocide across the solar system so where are all the dead ghosts?

2 Likes

I have mixed feelings about the removal of grimoire cards from Destiny 2. It gets rid of a clunky and slightly redundant way of storytelling that was only added in due to Destiny’s, um… ridiculous lack of in-game content. When I first started playing Destiny just after the April Update (Don’t judge me. I came late to the party, that’s all.), I was undeniably happy about this library of game lore that I could access anywhere I was without having to start up Destiny itself. It gave me something to read when I was bored or curious while away from my Xbox where I couldn’t play Destiny. I thoroughly enjoyed it. But I also thought they should have made that lore available in-game and in the real world somehow, maybe through a terminal in a social space or such. U*nfortunately, that never happened, but I continue to make good use of the Grimoire even after it’s ended through services like this one. I am also quite disappointed by the lack of a companion Grimoire-style system in Destiny 2 that saves the items you scan or the little tabs of info on the Exotics and certain Legendaries. This means that every time you want to write down or log the information about any scannable or item, its a little more than just a button press away. It might seem small, but when you have to go through a lot of them, the time stacks up (trust me). All in all, I am happy they finally implemented the lore in-game, but am also incredibly disappointed in the lack of a replacement system to fill the void left by the Grimoire cards.

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s a double-edged sword kinda?
It has positves and negatives but I still really miss the grimoire.

I miss the grimoire, it was one of my favorite things…collecting it all and reading, I wish it was in game though.

1 Like

I wish we could read the lore of collected objects in the Destiny Companion app.
It would be nearly as good as grimoire!

I wish they’d have them accessible in game, but even the app would be better than the current method. I’m not sure if it was resource allocation or some weird approach to storytelling that stopped them from including them in a game as a submenu of some kind, but I really wish they had.

1 Like

Now they’re putting the grimoire into books (Which i hope to purchase0, and I’m pretty sure Byf & Myelin both died.