Rasputin WAS On Io?!

Warning: possibly huge spoilers ahead

I was watching this recap of the escalation protocol portion of the reveal stream…

Reveal Stream - Escalation Protocol

At exactly 7:59 into the video, you can see one of the “music bombs” used in the Arecibo adventure on Io, which are used to cripple the vex. It’s sitting under the bridge in the short scene, and one of the devs mentions seeing “…things under bridges” we shouldn’t be seeing just yet.

This is a big deal for those who are still figuring out which Warmind is where. Personally, I like the theory of there being one Warmind that has been splintered into multiple fragments scattered across the solar system.

1 Like

Kind of like The Director cloning his brain, and fragmenting it into Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Theta, Omega, Sigma, Delta, Eta, Iota, and Epsilon (RvB reference there :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

The bunker was called “JYS-2”… we know that one of the warminds was named Charlemange. I’m assuming that weapons bunker was his, considering that the only thing that abbreviation could mean, going by the naming conventions is “Joyeuse”… the name of the actual Charlemange’s sword.

But we do know those Warmings are just subminds of Rasputin. So he was there.

Ikora said there’s only one Warmind, yes… but I thought she meant there’s only one LEFT.
It was my understanding that there were three or more, during the Golden Age. Rasputin had the inner planets, and Charlemange had the Jovians. A third yet-unnamed Warmind (I’ve always surmised it might be Machiavelli, considering the naming conventions) works the outer planets.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong. There’s a LOT of lore to pour through.

1 Like

It was revealed in Warmind that the others we thought were Warminds are just subminds of Rasputin, working on certain roles. Rasputin had the ability to communicate to multiple things, and a Fragment of him was what we talked to in the cosmodrome until he was able to reconnect to his mindlab.

1 Like

Rasputin being the only Warmind is my least-favorite retcon.

2 Likes

In d1, rasputin was called the warmind of earth, and also on mars, after we opened the array. (from the d1 psion flayers strike). From what i understand, the collapse cut off all warminds from each other, and the warmind with the most influence took over that location. Rasputin held control over much of the system but was fragmented into multiple separate entities when the collapse happened. That’s why there is rasputin on earth and on mars, and why they act differently. Io has some warmind bunkers, and It seems rasputin was there also before the collapse. Because of the vex influence, his entity on Io might have “died” and left the bunker empty.

I remember all that D1 stuff, but it was changed in D2. Bungie changed the narrative of the Warminds to just Rasputin.

1 Like