The Aeon Cult: Messages from a new power in our system?

This is awesome. Great work @TKfromthe90s, @FutureLoreCult and @baxter! things like this is why I’m so happy I am on this site.

5 Likes

This is dope.

Aeon Cult tech seems very Vex-y. The idea of sharing energy and power, talking about Osiris and his studies, talking about predetermination (simulations?), “shared dreams” (Vex are of one mind)…

3 Likes

Hmmm… in the Trials of Osiris card http://www.ishtar-collective.net/cards/trials-of-osiris#toland-the-shattered it states that it wants the fireteams to work together effortlessly, as if in a hive mind 1.
2, maybe the six eyes mentioned in the final message are the nine(?) or maybe the leadership of those triangle dudes :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Im just curious but how are you making a connection between Osiris’ cult and the Aeon Cult? As far as the eyes go i tend to shy away from relating them to the nine as whenever there is talk of the nine there are always nine members.

Even in The Long Walk in which the ghosts could be considered “eyes” there are ghosts labeled up to 9.

4 Likes

That’s why I considered the second option because the message says that something is looking from beyond, I interpreted that statement as a “fly on the wall” group of entities that are planning on intervening. Either in our benefit or not. The only groups I know are “flies on the wall” is the leadership of those triangle people because they haven’t intervened yet, and the Nine.
Or the eye just refers to the Osiris logo

3 Likes

While the idea of the Nine is interesting,I’m gonna have to say no. I’d say it’s pretty clear that it’s referring to three Guardians, and as far as we know, there are no Guardians amongst the Nine, considering the way Xur and the Emissary address us, and what they tell us of the Nine. In regards to the “Alone I see with my six eyes. Eyes watching from beyond the heliopause.” While I do find it interesting, I do not believe we can conclusively say what exactly this refers to. For example, the statement could be referring to seeing other eyes watching from beyond the heliopause. It could be referring to the cult itself, certainly, but given that they appear to be Guardians, I favor the idea that they believe they are the only ones aware of the eyes beyond the heliopause. That only their eyes can see it, in a way. Hope that all makes sense!

6 Likes

The one theory I saw that made the most sense was that the message is from kabr. His assimilation with the vex made him confusing to everyone else, but it also makes some sense with the “six eyes” thing. Past future and present kabr is “Alone I see with my six eyes”

just a thing

4 Likes

Wow. I realized the messages were linked and put them together, but I didn’t even think to dissect them the way you did.

3 Likes

Wow, that was intense

3 Likes

I’m wondering what “they” are- Vex? Ahamkara? Ghosts?

3 Likes

This seems to be a warning from the fireteam. It almost sounds as if they are trying to help us unleash our full potential… through them!

3 Likes

Overthrown ruler sounds like it’s probably calus

3 Likes

Makes sense. But what is this being beyond the heliopause? And what if the calling to become one is actually a command for us to put aside our differences with the current known forces of Darkness, and band together? It would certainly be interesting to see how this would unfold and I would love to see Elinski guardians! The Hive are the only wrinkle in this plan because I am pretty confident that the Vex and Cabal would team up with us for their own survival…

3 Likes
  1. Welcome to the Commons!
  2. I would definitely like to fight alongside Cabal and Fallen
  3. I really don’t think that the Vex would work with us because they fear us because we are the only thing they can’t simulate.
  4. I also think that Calus is letting us on the Leviathan to test us, not to harm us, because he knows he may not be strong enough to stop that darkness by himself, so he wants to empower us to help him.
2 Likes

Thanks man! I agree completely. But the Vex could see this as a chance to study us and so maybe then they could work with us…?

2 Likes

The Vex could see it as a way to find our weaknesses. To finaly find a way to destroy us and, then make the logical conclusion to get as close to us as possible to be able to do this.

2 Likes

As dark as it is, yes. Precisely Gheleon.

1 Like

this is one of my favorite discussions along with fruits what class discussion

2 Likes

Me too. It’s a shame it kind of died.

2 Likes

i know this is an old post, but there is something that has been irking me for a long while after all this came out. yeah it does seem they (the guardians) are linked, and while i haven’t seen any armor piece for titan or hunter that have the same aspect of wires attached, i’ve been stuck for a long time at what High Minded Complex head piece looks like. this head piece was attached to something, and attached to the head set as well. then i look at the area before you get to spider, and while i think it’s just a hookah lounge type thing, i still wonder what if it was more like guardians would connect with each other and “meditate”(simulate imo) on possible outcomes, efficient battle plans for a future war.

anyways, i constantly think the “device”, and the chasm are terms being used, but purposefully to confuse what they actually are. I put a link below to the head piece, if you view in 3d you can see the wires in the back.