Thoughts on Grimoire Cards not returning in Destiny2?

It was confirmed by Kotaku, and I have to admit I was more than a tad disappointed, but I’m wondering what they plan on doing with the stories. What will they do about stories that “The Guardian” doesn’t participate in? I hope that they have ways of telling stories out of our reach. I’m not gonna lie, I might actually read a fan-fiction or two to see a good story that doesn’t involve my guardian if they aren’t bringing Grimoire back… Clearly Bungie wants to tell more stories cause they know people like stories, but what will it look like without the Grimoire? What does everyone else think about this?

There’ll be room for other stories. It’ll just be done differently.

2 Likes

I am definitely hoping for some Extended Universe style lore, but I don’t know if Bungie really wants that.

2 Likes

I think it sucks Grimoire cards are going and I think they just don’t really know how to make a good game - Mass Effect has their own Grimoire Database of sorts, and it does not take away from the in-game story. They should keep the cards, just learn to have less of them, and be sure to have a lot of in-game lore too. Its like they do not know how to compromise. Oh well. That’s bungie for ya.

4 Likes

I’m really disappointed that the Grimoire is leaving. It’s rich with content and explained so much and told the stories of so many different people. I feel like Bungie is catering to the wrong audience with this move. They’re letting the naysayers who complained there wasn’t a story control the direction they take in D2. I’m okay with having more in-game story, but the Grimoire is for those of us who want more.

My hopes are that if you press the “Show Lore” button when it prompts, it pulls up a page rich with text, kind of like an in-game Grimoire card, so that we can have a continued tradition of story hunting and lore content that many of us crave.

5 Likes

I’m hoping we soon know what they’re replacing it with but if it comes down to expanding our own database, our own Grimoire so to speak, I’m more than happy to help.

But its yeah…I’ll miss reading them.

Wouldn’t it be great if they had a social space on Io like a library, where anyone can go and read the “books” with others who are interested in Lore?

4 Likes

My name is Byf made a video on the topic.

Haha that would be pretty crazy, someone sets up an in-game coffee shop and bar next to it, and you and a bunch people are just reading and discussing lore

5 Likes

LOL that’s ridiculous :joy:

2 Likes

Sounds like fun would be fun to hang out in.

1 Like

Wait, you are BYF? As in the guy who makes the lore vids, and the guy I just spoke with the other day totally unawares?

1 Like

NO! I am NOT My Name Is Byf. I do make lore videos, but I am not Byf.

How would you react if I was?

Seriously, I’d NEVER log off. :grin:

2 Likes

Oh, because I probably would have asked you a bunch of questions and shook my head at listing lore points to someone who knows it probably as well as I. And yeah, I would also have been pretty happy about it. Have been making lore connections to guys on youtube for a while to help better expand and connect the Destiny community - already secured a partership with Destinyfollowe a.k.a Destiny Guides and Evade.

2 Likes

Thnx.
:grinning: :grinning:

Here is the link for the video:

he was very pissed

3 Likes

I watched this the other day. Poor Byf :cry:

Myelin Games also did some coverage on it as well. It was interesting hearing both of their thoughts. I’ve been watching both of them for a long time now. It would be sad to see them go.

3 Likes

Ya it really would. Great channels leaving because of Bungie’s bad idea.

1 Like

I loved reading the fantastically written grimoire cards in my free time.
It seriously enriched my Destiny experience.
I will miss the grimoire immensely.

1 Like