A question about a faction

Back in D1 I remember reading about a story from what I presume was the faction wars on here. It was about a banned faction that was banished from the city and are brooding someplace else.

I seem to remember it having a link to the FWC but I can’t place it.
Any ideas?

1 Like

I cannot remember what that faction was called, but I do remember their leader being Lysander. You could put that in the collective search bar to find stuff about it. It mentioned FWC because they replaced the group in the tower factions. Bannerfall was the place the battle took place and the other group was defeated by New Monarchy. I think, and hopefully this will help!:grinning:

2 Likes

The faction was called the Concordat.

3 Likes

Cool thanks for the info! Also, is the rest of my info correct?

1 Like

Yes. The OP is right about Lysander out there brooding too. I imagine he’ll play a part in D3’s storyline with the City being split and all that.

1 Like

There was also a faction known as the Symmetry. They were involved with the teachings of Ulan-Tan. Many of his beliefs tell us that the Darkness is a necessary counterpart to the Light. Kind of like a yin and yang. Considering the natural curiosity that some guardians had with the darkness, this seems to be the suspected reason for why they are no longer part of the consensus.

2 Likes

I didn’t think that they were ever part of the consensus. They were mentioned as maybe replacing the Concordat, but were never a part of the Consensus. Please correct me, as I am probably wrong because I haven’t read this lore in a while.

1 Like

What I meant was, they were in consideration for the consensus but FWC was chosen over them.

Ghost Fragment: City Age:

“And so it is agreed. The Concordat shall no longer be recognized among the Consensus. We’ll begin the dismantling right away. But what of those Guardians who have pledged to them? We can’t afford any more banishments.”
“I’m sure Zavala can see to their realignment.”
“We’ll do our best. Lysander chose his followers wisely. It may take some time.”
“Lysander will not back down. He’ll continue his crusade from wherever we stuff him.”
“And so we’ll need to find some new ideas to replace his.”
“The Symmetry has been gaining a strong following…”
“Ulan-Tan’s teachings are too dangerous. Too much fear. Who knew he’d be more trouble dead than alive?”
“We’ll need to refocus our collective minds on combat. The Speaker’s anxious to regain ground we lost after the Gap.”
“There is the War Cult.”
“Too secretive. Have you ever tried to talk to one of their ‘soldiers’? Like a child. Answering questions with questions.”
“They are dedicated to the war.”
“Which one?”
“Good question.”
“Zavala?”
“They seem focused. Strong. More interesting than worrisome.”
“Let’s take it to a vote. All in favor of the ascension of the Future War Cult?”
“Unanimous? Good. We’ll grant the Future War Cult access to the Tower and a seat among us. Ghost, please offer the Speaker this proposal.”
“Now onto the next order of business…Shaxx is here with another proposal for his Crucible.”

1 Like

Ok I just misunderstood, and that actually happened to be the lore page I was referring to.:laughing:

1 Like

I belive you mean the concordat. Their leader was Lysandre?

1 Like