Ahkamhara's origins as opposed to the worms

I started to think that they were possibly a different breed. The worms are one branch of the species where the Ahamkara are another. I feel like at this point we really don’t have enough information on the Ahamkara to be certain of anything.

1 Like

Yeah at this point we really have just a few bits and pieces and our imaginations it would be nice to see like a skeleton or a living version of one in D2

By my reading, the lines about seafloors seems to pertain to the moons rather than Jupiter itself, as it talks about first adjusting Jupiter into a stable orbit, then raising seafloors, creating new worlds that orbit the half born star (if Jupiter had had a bit more mass it would have become a star, making it effectively a stillborn sun). Jupiter itself would be silly as a planet, something that big just can’t be a solid.
As for the dragons, I recall a line, maybe from the Book of Sorrows, that went something like “we hate the dragons because our gods should be our own”. The wording there implies that the Hive don’t want other people worshiping their gods, which implies that the Ahemkara (sp? I’m on mobile) worship the worms too.

looks like we got some on Io. in an playthrough/interview Destiny designers said they skeletons were not random

Its not europa, but encledeus. Another moon of saturn. Cayde was on the icy moon of saturn. Peace

How I see it is that the ahamkara are a mix between the light and dark. The ahamkara use the power of the dark partially for good. The worms don’t want anything else to be able to access the power of the ‘deep’. However based in the great ahamkara hunt I believe the vanguard accurately judged that the ahamkara are more evil than good suggesting they do probably worship the darkness, just perhaps to a lower extent to the worms, possibly leading the worms to consider them ‘competitors for their power’