Any lore on the vex that makes you fear them?

I want to learn fact about the vex that will make me piss my pants

Though I personally don’t have anything, the general goal of the Vex is still a scary one. Their desire to essentially turn the entire universe into one giant super computer. A universe where nothing could live except them. With the fact that they can already time travel (though a lot of evidence tells that it’s more like dimension hopping), and even control the timelines when within their territory (i.e. the Vault of Glass) so much so that they can cause you to just, not exist in your timeline anymore, is frightening. The thought of just suddenly not existing, and the entire universe adjusting to you, not only no longer existing, but also to you suddenly never having existed in the first place.

The thought of what they could do if they achieve their goal. The power they would have. They would just keep going until every possible universe and timeline was nothing but a giant machine.

There is a chance that, if they win in one universe, then they win in EVERY universe.

Long story short, time is scary when you sorta get in deep thought.

I think the fact that the Vex made a Mind exclusively for the purpose of taking Saint’s light from him is pretty scary. It’s not a stretch to think that if we get trapped into a simulation and they can’t kill us with numbers, they’ll just make another Mind to steal/seal our light to kill us.

I actually just finished reading through Clovis Bray’s logbook, and now I’m low-key terrified of the Vex. Especially after Elsie describes that they’ll take over the future, the present and then even the past leaving nothing else in existence that isn’t them.

They put thoughts in your mind! :slight_smile: From Clovis’ lorebook: a particular nuisance to have Vex ideas suddenly assigned to basic concepts in your mind; you want to think about an apple and instead your brain chokes on [gauge:contrast:gouge] A similar occurrence is described in Aspect (Shed leaves decompose and fertilize the soil. So do the bones and unspoken ideas of everyone who couldn’t find the end of the maze) and The Forsaken Prince (with the Cabal Legionary and “the Garden growing its thoughts into him”).

No one has ever been caught by a Gorgon. Basically anyone who technically has been caught by a Gorgon within the vault of glass was erased from every timeline imaginable meaning they never exsited to get caught in the first place(except prydeth but thats a whole different situation). Just the thought of one mistake or wrong move within the vault in general and your erased forever not even leaving a memory or an idea of who you were just sends chills down my spine

I would say the sheer scale that they can build on. They built into Europa, and if they managed to earn Clovis Bray’s ire over it, I would say that’s somewhat notable, especially since we have no idea how deep the Vex constructs on Europa go.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.