Book: The Godhelm (completed)

Aethe, well he may be a meme at times but hes got good reason to be as such, Kain was always a half formed idea in my mind, only now have I actually made a character for him, and right now im spitballing with Gilfred, He was an innkeeper in a past story of mine, trying to incorporate it into here

quick bump for feedback on the newest draft

I might have already said this, but I’ll say it again anyway, I really enjoy the short stories you are writing. It’s kind of refreshing to be able to read it in a minute or two as opposed to some of the other posts that take a long while to read.

1 Like

Good! I’m glad your enjoying it, and this is the first I’m hearing of this

I prefer to make longer stories because I just feel like I’d be lazy (no that does not mean I believe these types of stories are lazy) to do so. Because I know I can do so much more. I also believe that I should put lots of detail into these stories because this is the equivalent to my child. Jubi and the gang are like my children and I feel like it’d be neglectful not to pour my heart into each chapter.

As for you… it’s great. I, too, enjoy the short bits that give more insight to each of your characters. Honestly I am intrigued to see if Aethe is developed to have more dimensions to him. Because I sometimes think he may just be a character to be memey with. Which in all honesty, every story needs one because otherwise it may fall victim to taking itself too seriously.

1 Like

Yeah and I do enjoy reading your stories and I do think that you make some very well written pieces that are worth reading, it’s just there are so many things that take a good bit of time to read, it can be nice to read something that doesn’t take a while.

1 Like

I agree. I especially like Traveler_Spawn’s tales. They’re a good writer. Not gonna lie you guys have boosted up my ego when it comes to writing, I found myself thinking “Ah, finally a challenger” (albeit mostly jokingly) when reading their stories.

1 Like

aghast And not when you read mine?!?! so insulting :joy:

on a different note should I find the time I will go re-edit most of the post and fully release no.3, expect it soon!

where is the first one please my good sir

Good sir, I did. But I merely did not mention that as I believe it did not fit at the moment.

ahh a new arrival, you see friend this is the first one, so far its all very early in development, but according to my comrades (communism noises) it shows potential
and for Jubi, indeed my good Sir, indeed

A final bump for the final card, its somewhat unedited but tell me what you think about it, advice is always welcome

YIKES. That is an abrupt end to an interesting character. In all honesty I am not sure I’d be able to end something like that with my characters. I simply have a problem with killing them unless it has heavy plot significance (as is the case with Saiki). So that was a surprise.

yea, probably could of wrote it better, glad its getting some attention though

If you can do even better than holy crap I’d want to see that.

Thanks! :smile: and no nothing like that, just thought it was a little too short, for my tastes at least

(edit)

on a separate note I’ve just found that I no longer can edit or delete this topic, so ill say what I was about to edit in (a means to an end)

honestly my main goal with this all was for all the characters to have very distinct and recognizable voices, Aethe was a character I’ve been spit-balling with for a long time, his personality was always the same but who he was has changed a lot.
Kain was a mad scientist/wizard in a previous story (his most notable feature being a severe lack of sleep).
Gil was a very insignificant character that I only really mentioned once in a draft, thought I would build him the beginnings of a character.
And Lamprey was my second to Aethe, both I invested a lot of time in

trying thinking up a new name for my next lore book, so far I have “Windward”, “The Aethian” or “a Host of Worms”, any ideas?

What characters is the lore book about?

Alright, I have begun writing Windward Wishes, there should be an embedded link above this post