Bungie is going to be ditching Grimoire?

According to this, Bungie will be ditching the Grimoire card system of telling lore in favor of showing lore in game. It will be really initeresting how this plays out, and I’m interested in seeing how the Ishtar Collective will manage this.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2017/05/21/bungie-is-ditching-grimoire-cards-in-destiny-2/#47bb89933d52

1 Like

They’ll manage. For instance, Destiny 2 will be coming out on PC, and the PC has historically been seen as the “better” gaming device, most notably for the ability to mod and extract game data directly. Ishtar Collective will likely do the same thing.

1 Like

I have been preparing for this possibility for a long time. The goal of the Ishtar Collective has always been to create the best possible resource for researching Destiny Lore. We will continue to collect whatever data we can from the API, and if we can’t then we’ll use whatever means necessary to document the world of Destiny :slight_smile:

5 Likes

There will always be instances of hints to things that get addressed in other places - from news updates and questions sent to the devs, etc. I am also crossing my fingers for some more of an expanded universe (books, comics, show, movies, anything)

1 Like

What do you mean by “mod” data directly?

That was an “either/or” example. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is a famous example of having a dedicated modding community, and the Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages has to one of the most comprehensive wikis out there. It’s older than Wikipedia.

2 Likes