Creation of the Exos

Post Update:

According to the link, the Deep Stone Crypt was a tower in a fertile field with an army in front of it. If the exo were made to combat the vex, maybe the Crypt is in a vex world that is unknown?

Correction. The info above is wrong. The Deep Stone Crypt is where the Exo are given consciousness. Not where they were created. This gives us another dead end. Also, there is an inconsistency in my theory above. The place where the Exos are created cannot be in an unknown Vex world because Cayde says:
I gave everything to the ice.
The Deep Stone Crypt itself is where Exos are given consciousness. So does mean that Cayde don’t have a consciousness when he first became an Exo?
Any thoughts?

1 Like

Or could it be a little like Avatar. Exo bodies are created and tested before transfering the consciousness over into the exo?

A little of a tangent but if their consciousness is “downloaded” then where is the “server” or “master boot drive?” Is it onboard a satellite or vessel similar to the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica Cylon sleeper ships?

The ‘server’ as you refer to it would be the Deep Stone Crypt.

The way I always imagined it worked is that an individual’s thoughts were ‘downloaded’ from their brain into the mind of an exo. I don’t think there’s any reason why it needs to be anywhere else but within the head of each individual exo.

I don’t think it’s quite correct to refer to Deep Stone Crypt as a server. We are told that Deep Stone Crypt is both a tower and a subroutine. I don’t think there’s any evidence that it’s a server or a storage facility.

1 Like

Oh OK. I’ll keep that in mind.

1 Like