Destiny 3 enemy idea

we’ve seen the dreaded text saying that ‘the darkness consumed you’ after dying to a tough boss/enemy. But, what happens after that text pops up? My theory is that one of three things happen; 1) you end up being the same dead body that you were before your ghost resurrected you, or 2) you become a minion of the darkness in the service of the taken. Now, the idea of a taken guardian as an NPC enemy to fight is brilliant to me. What are your thaoughts?

1 Like

from a lore-wise perspective you would “die” untill your body is recovered and your ghost would rez you from there, (checkpoints), but also it is theorized that your ghost pulls you from a different timeline where you survived, there is a lore card on the topic but i forgot what it was called

1 Like

Whaaaaaaaat? Really?! Hmmm…odd that this is my first time hearing about this tin foil.

-rubs chin-

1 Like

wait, I believe it in one of the ghost stories, ill go read through them, alright its “no rez for the weary” in book: Ghost Stories

2 Likes

:sob: OKAY BUT THIS MADE ME SO SAD

2 Likes

I know right, poor guy

1 Like

So, then, what if the guardian who became taken stayed and the ghost made a new copy of the guardian?

It would be a dark link vs link situation. That would actually be a very cool boss fight.

A fight agaisnt a Taken or Dark guardian has always been a wonder to me. A being compromised of the Light and the Darkness, able to access the “bonuses” both sides give to their subordinates. Actually, now that i’m typing this and actually thinking kinda deep about it, the thought’s kind of scary.
(Golden Gun + Thorn, now that’s something truly terrifying)