Do Ghosts have people's souls in them?

I was actually thinking about this a couple days ago and it’s good that there are other people that think the same way, but man a 2 year convo that goes over it is even better.
I did some digging and found that possibly the Traveler is getting impatient with ghost who haven’t found their partner

Anwar paused. Drifted a few feet toward the luminous Living Traveler. “Dejana, can you feel it?”
followed Anwar’s gaze up to the Traveler. “Feel what?”
“The pressure.”

this is from the Pressure lore card from the ghost stories where two ghost talk about how they served the speaker instead of finding a guardian and that they always felt a sort of pressure to do their sole purpose

Maybe this pressure on the ghost only came on after the Traveler became alive? Before D2 we’ve always seen/read/heard that the traveler is dormant, not using much of strength only to, And this is an assumption what I’m about to say, use souls I gained from the collapse and possible from the kills other guardians got against the darkness. But now it used its revived itself possibly sensing all the danger in its Blast radius, and is now pressuring ghost without a guardian to find one, because if they don’t? The world of Destiny won’t end in our favor.

You ever see Spiderman Homecoming? The guy in teh chair is the guy that sits in a chair surrounded by computers and tells the hero what to do

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking like the traveler just woke up from a coma and is on full alert mode and telling the ghosts to get to work

(please have it noted that I haven’t read many of the reply’s and apologize for any repeated info)
the first thing to state is this. legitimately everything has a name for as long as a sentient species with a developed language exists. The second being due to the ghosts nature it is there sole purpose in life to find a warrior in tune with the light, (possible spin-foil) I had always assumed that the ghost could feel the “spark” of light inside the dead and that is why they felt drawn to it

Blockquote And the dead child in her arms.
The others tried to calm them, out of fear that the Fallen would return. The attack had been swift and brutal. Twenty dead. Only nine survivors, here, in this cave. I watched the tree line, anxious and afraid.
The mother’s pain filled the space between the thick trees. I turned back to her and saw it for the first time: the child’s spark.
Faint. But there.
This little boy was not my charge. Those selected to return were champions. This child was so small, so frail. What devotion had he shown? What bravery? What had he sacrificed? But a thought lingered…
Was it not my purest purpose to deliver hope?

for your conclusion, it is possible, but in my mind at least unlikely
:space_invader:

is that how they got their name? (ghost)

how did anything get a name, they ether came up with one or was named by someone else

1 Like