Expunge: Delphi

Name: Expunge: Delphi

Video URL: Expunge: Delphi Mission Dialogue | Destiny 2: Season of the Splicer - YouTube

Recorded: 2021.08.23

Transcript:

++ Distributed Cognition Domain, The Nexus

Ikora Rey: This is it, Guardian. Payback for the Dreaming City. For our city. For everyone.

Mithrax: Quria has shielded itself in multiple layers of the domain. It hides, a festering rot deep within the core of this network. Savathûn’s eye is upon us now. I can feel her. It is as if this moment was unavoidable… fated. But you have shown me there is only the destiny we make for ourselves, nothing more. Go, Guardian. Walk in the Light.

** The Guardian delves deeper into the Vex Domain, avoiding countermeasures in the environment as they proceed. The Guardian goes through a Vex portal which they encounter.

++ Expunge: Labyrinth, The Nexus

** The Guardian is transported to the location of the Labyrinth Expunge mission in its corrupted state.

Osiris: Quria has retreated within layers of security mirroring domains you have previously collapsed.

Mithrax: The challenges you face here are the very ones you faced as you honed your Splicer powers. You are ready for this. Our hopes rest on you.

** The Guardian traverses the Vex domain, defeating the Vex and Taken which they encounter. The Guardian goes through a Vex portal which they encounter.

++ Expunge: Corrupted Styx, The Nexus

** The Guardian is transported to the location of the Styx Expunge mission in its corrupted state.

Mithrax: Quria rages against your presence. I can feel the sickening rot of the Taken’s power shuddering through this domain. The Vex, too, struggle against the yoke of oppression laid on them by Quria.

Saint-14: Our enemy hides behind others and uses them as pawns! Does their cowardice know no end?!

** The Guardian continues into the Vex domain, defeating the Vex and Taken which they encounter. The Guardian obtains an Authentication Key, which they deposit in order to activate a Vex portal. The Guardian goes through the Vex portal.

++ Expunge Corrupted Tartarus, The Nexus

** The Guardian is transported to the location of the Tartarus Expunge mission in its corrupted state.

Saint-14: Not much longer now, Guardian! We are all here; we believe in you!

Mithrax: Quria is close. The Taken corruption in this Vex domain is deep. I can feel its infection through their systems: fingers of darkness grasping. Searching. Be careful, Guardian.

** The Guardian continues into the Vex domain, defeating the Vex and Taken which they encounter. The Guardian encounters a pair of Vex barriers powered by protected Vex Lenses. The Guardian hacks into Vex confluxes and gains Stabilized Security Access, which enables them to destroy the Vex Lenses, disabling the barriers. The Guardian goes through a Vex portal which they encounter.

++ Expunge: Delphi, The Nexus

** The Guardian is transported to the lair of Quria, Blade Transform. Quria, Blade Transform lies in the center of a large circular arena, and begins to awaken.

Ikora Rey: That power…

Osiris: Quria, Blade Transform. The Dreaming Mind.

Saint-14: Guardian! This is it! Fight with everything you have!

Mithrax: Light guide you.

** The Guardian attacks Quria, Blade Transform. Quria, Blade Transform summons Taken and Vex which attack the Guardian. The Guardian defeats the Vex and Taken which they encounter, and damages Quria, Blade Transform. Quria, Blade Transform summons a Nexus Minotaur and an Evaluator of Savathûn, and becomes invulnerable. The Guardian defeats the Vex and Taken which they encounter, and obtains an Authentication Key. The Guardian deposits the Authentication Key, which lowers the Nexus Minotaur’s shield. The Guardian defeats the Nexus Minotaur and the Vex and Taken which they encounter, and Quria, Blade Transform becomes vulnerable. The Guardian damages Quria, Blade Transform, and it becomes invulnerable again. The Guardian defeats the Vex and Taken which they encounter, and obtains another Authentication Key. The Guardian deposits the Authentication Key, which lowers the Evaluator of Savathûn’s shield. The Guardian defeats the Evaluator of Savathûn and the Vex and Taken which they encounter, and Quria, Blade Transform becomes vulnerable. The Guardian defeats Quria, Blade Transform, whose corpse explodes and crashes to the ground within the Vex domain.

Osiris: Unbelievable. Quria is… gone.

Mithrax: A great evil, vanquished. A deed of legends.

Saint-14: Haha! I knew it! I knew we could do this! Congratulations, Guardian! This victory, it is monumental!

Osiris: Let’s not uncork every bottle of champagne in the City just yet.

Ikora Rey: Osiris is right. This is a monumental victory for humanity… and Eliksni. But it’s a battle, not the war.

Mithrax: Even so… victories should be cherished.

Saint-14: Yes! Mithrax is correct. We will have a party. A celebration! A small one. Respectful. Very classy. I will wear suit.

So I have some notes. Firstly, I have a question. As I was recording and transcribing this mission, I realized that the location names are very inconsistent in their formatting as you go through each of the prior Expunge mission sections. For example, Labyrinth and Delphi are “Expunge: [name],” while Styx is formatted as “Expunge: Corrupted Styx” and the Tartarus section is missing a colon, “Expunge Corrupted Tartarus.” Should that just be left as-is or should it be made consistent? All of the sections are the corrupted versions of each Expunge mission, and in the director I believe the Corrupted descriptor of the title is in parenthesis.

Furthermore, let me know if I should dial it back on the descriptions of the mechanics at all, especially for the Quria boss fight. I’ll leave it as is elsewise, but if anybody has any pointers I’d be glad to take them.

And lastly, does anybody have any notes for how/if HUD elements such as Quria’s messages or the Nexus security status could be incorporated here? Perhaps as notes?

Sorry for the long comment, just wanted to open up to any possible discussion about these things right off the jump. Thanks!

hi, thank you so much for this. i am sorry that this, among other things, has spent some time lost in the tangle of the forums. due to a need to link to this transcript from other articles, i went ahead and published it before checking in with you, and while publishing, made a few adjustments for clarity/and transcript style. you can let me know if you disagree with anything and it’s a simple click of the edit button away from fixing.

i love your thoroughness and attention to detail here. your action descriptions are helpful and objective. i am really into describing mechanics, when they have fun new words to say like “Nexus Minotaur” and “Evaluator of Savathûn” and “Authentication Key” but you’re right to ask about it since in this case they overwhelm the other content a bit, just from how much there are. the mission’s a bit repetitive.

i went for a strategy of de-duplicating mechanics and shortening some descriptions, so that we get the gist and the techno-babble, and most importantly we always want any special enemy names included

“Vex Lenses” is a great (correct!) term by the way. i looked around the footage and couldn’t find any mention. are you getting the term from the festering core strike objectives, or did i miss it in delphi?

re: the location names: yeah they’re weird and quirky. let’s keep it. it’s not weird enough to cause confusion and you did a great job noting where the guardian goes.

Created Expunge: Delphi based on this post.