Ghost Scan - Mars, Core Terminus

Zone: Mars
Area: Core Terminus
URL: https://youtu.be/CNkNI5se2bU
Recorded: 2018.05.12

Transcript:

Concierge AI: The Human mind in a mechanical body. We are at the cusp of major breakthroughs in making this a reality. Would you like to know more?
Concierge AI: Early experiments in Exo science managed to encode the Human consciousness into a form that could be processed digitally. At the time, we believe that was the big hurdle to overcome in the creation of the Exo. Little did we know that the real challenge would be the phenomenon known as Dissociative Exomind Rejection. Nascent Proto-Exos developed serious symptoms of cognitive disorder that eventually led to death. It turned out the human mind would not reconcile its presence in a new “body”.
Concierge AI: It took multiple iterations in design, but the Clovis Bray Corporation eventually developed several solutions. The first is to “reboot” the mind once it has been transferred, allowing it to awaken inside its new shell as though it were being reborn. This has side effects of memory loss and fragmentation, but it’s highly effective in the prevention of DER. The reboot process can be repeated multiple times to further the odds of survival. It is not currently known how many times a Human consciousness can be rebooted, but scientists estimate it to be around twenty.
Concierge AI: The second preventative measure to DER is to program certain “humanisms” within Exos. As machines, they have not the physical needs to eat or reproduce like real humans. But artificially injecting that drive has been clinically proven to reduce the odds of DER. Further experimentation is required to perfect the Exo project, but you can be assured that Clovis Bray is at the forefront in the field of Exo science.

3 Likes

Created Ghost Scan: Core Terminus, Mars based on this post.

Very interesting. thank you for transcipting this.

2 Likes

No problem! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

i’ve always been interested in the origin of exos and while i know awbout thsi terminal i have never found it