How do I get into Destiny Lore? Where do I start?

Recently watched an old (1 yr old) Byf one hour video and I’m really interested in lore now. I’m still quite lost. Where do I start?

2 Likes

Well which race are you most interested in? I’m happy to help guide you in your reading!

Here’s some posts that will help explain raw info and give you a reading guide to actually enjoy the material.

Scroll down for this one to read the top reply by dobby_rams.

Scroll down yet again for a beginning of a reading guide. It’s not perfect and it’s definitely not complete, but it’ll give you the grimoire cards to read on your own for a good chunk of D1 Vanilla. I’ve been meaning to update it, reformat it, and post it proper, but I haven’t found the time.

Other than that, search through reddit for explanations and ask questions when they arise. DestinyLore is a great subreddit for learning the lore. There’s many out there who are just as new as you and there’s many who are answering questions. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply, I’m acctually grealy interested in the history the leaders of Humanities’ enemies i.e. Savathun, Oryx, etc.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the links!

1 Like

If you’re interested in Savathun and Oryx, I recommend reading The Books of Sorrow. It’s a bit of a lengthy read, but fully describes how Oryx and the Hive came to be. Here’s a link:

2 Likes