Immovable Objects (oh no.)

Foreword:

This was inspired by my last exotic creation, which was the ‘yin’ to this ‘yang,’ and called “Unstoppable Force.”

These are the Exotic Class Items for all three classes.

Armor name: Paradox Breaker’s Cloak
Class: Hunter
Rarity: Exotic
Source: Unkown

Description

“I’m the immovable object.”

Stats:

Resilience: 5
Recovery: 0
Mobility: 1

Perks:

Perk 1: Unbreakable: Grants a second grenade, melee, and dodge charge. Arc Staff duration is increased, Way of the Outlaw Golden Gun has increased duration, Way of the Sharpshooter Golden Gun gains an extra shot (heh. Even with Nighthawk!) Shards of Galanor now has more efficient energy return, Way of the Wraith no longer requires you to crouch to proc Flawless Execution, Deadfall is granted extended range, and Moebius Quiver gains an extra two arrows.
Perk 2: Absolution: Picking up orbs of Light recharge your grenade, melee, and class abilities.
Perk 3: Hands-On: Melee kills help recharge your super.
Perk 4: Ashes to Assets: Grenade kills help recharge your super.
Perk 5: Dynamo: Using your class ability helps recharge your super.

Armor name: Paradox Breaker’s Mark
Class: Titan

Description:

“If you can’t move me, I’m not moving.”

Stats:
Recovery: 0
Mobility: 0

Perks

Perk 1: Immobious: Gain an extra grenade, melee, and barrier charge. Ursa Furiosa is more efficient in its energy return, and kills inside Ward of Dawn do not expend ammo. Sunspots act as healing rifts, and Melting Point deals significantly more damage. Inertia Override no longer requires a slide, and Striker barriers last three times as long.
Perk 2: Absolution: Picking up orbs of Light recharge your grenade, melee, and class abilities.

Armor name: Paradox Breaker’s Bond
Class: Warlock

Description:

“You can’t move me if you’re dead.”

Stats:

Recovery: 1
Mobility: 0

Perks:

Perk 1: Paradox Solver: Gain an extra melee, grenade and class ability charge, Dawnblade deals more damage, and lasts slightly longer. Well of Radiance is buffed, increasing your damage in it by a little bit. Attunement of Chaos Nova Bomb tracks better, and moves faster. Devour lasts longer, and you move faster in Nova Warp. Crown of Tempests is more effective, and Geomag Stabilizers now only requires 60% super energy to top off.

Lore (collective):

"They asked us: ‘Which would win? The unstoppable force, or the immovable object?’

We answered: ‘both.’

We are the Paradox Breakers - swift, powerful, and cunning. This paradox of repetition - repeated lives, deaths, and revivals - will end with us. We are immortal. We are immovable."

– Cult of the Paradox Breakers

Afterword:

WOAH, WOAH WOAH! Don’t freak out!

These are really powerful, but believe me, they will be extremely hard to get. Here’s the questline:

1. Obtain quest by earning a ‘Seventh Column’ medal in Crucible.
  2. The Drifter has heard of your achievement in the Crucible - stands to reason, as he probably heard Shaxx shouting about you throughout the Tower. Go visit the Drifter.
  3. Drifter’s got an off feeling about this operation. His Ghost designed the blueprints for a [CLASS ITEM] but the materials required to build it don’t exist within the solar system. The Infinite Forest should be able to simulate the materials though. Complete an epic reprise of the ‘Omega’ story mission.
  4. Visit Drifter with the materials.
  5. While you were gone, Drifter got a little sloppy during a Gambit Prime match. The Hive have captured his Ghost. He requests that you help him get it back before Shin Malphur discovers the Ghostless Drifter. Complete an epic reprise of the ‘The Draw’ quest mission.
  6. Bad luck struck again. During the fight to rescue Drifter’s Ghost, your Ghost was exposed to dangerous Dark magic. Drifter apologizes for the problems, saying it was his mistake to get you caught up in this. He lends you his Ghost, and tells you to try and reconnect your Ghost with a shard of the Traveler. Go and seek it in the EDZ.
  7. Your Ghost is healed, and you are relieved. So is Drifter, since he’s discovered how to forge the armor you need. Complete ignitions of all four Black Armory forges. Losing an ignition will reset your progress.
  8. Bring the armor to Drifter. He needs to sprinkle the armor with ‘powderized Vex paradoxes.’ Whatever that means.
1 Like

This is actually really cool, I would just say that maybe not have to get max rank but be rank 3 or 4, and not do a nightfall solo so people wouldn’t complain about the grind wall (there is always someone that’ll complain) but overall nice set up. You think you could make a whole slew of Paradox Breaker weapons that seem as cool as this?

umm ok this, this right here, gave me carpal tunnel just by reading it

1. it’s insane
  2. it’s insanely cool
  3. do you have to do this quest separately for each character or just once?

As with your last one, these are way too op for the 1% that will get them. The people that do are good enough and don’t need anything that good. For the quest: most people can barely get fabled in comp much less resetting their rank. Also would make the game pay to win since you need annual pass. And those items don’t really need any skill to exploit. Nice design though :slight_smile:

@Cayde_6 Think? I know I can.

@jamesdrgreen and @Crystal Please remember that these questlines are experimental. The gear is very powerful, providing the equivalent of one or more exotics for each tree of each subclass. I mean, come on. You don’t have to switch off these things in order to get an exotic buff. You get TWO CHARGES for your grenades, your melees, and your class abilities. That ALONE is powerful. Ophidia Spathe gives an extra knife charge for Hunters, and its an entire Exotic! This is Exotic, but it allows you to equip others along with it! There HAS to be a balancer, otherwise this is a game breaker waiting to happen.

While I think it would be incredibly fun, these exotics are a terrible idea. They seem really well designed, that is not meant to be a slight against you. However, these are exotics that would be at least, if not more, exclusive than the Crucible pinnacles. The problem is that they are objectively the best for neutral play. Barring exotics that buff Supers like Celestial, no other exotics would be viable. Thus, it is a case of something like the Not Forgotten. It is objectively the best, and doesn’t really have a specific play style. Compare that with the Recluse, which can be powerful, but must be played a certain way. This allows players to be rewarded with a powerful weapon that is extremely good in certain situations, without breaking the meta the way Not Forgotten has. Couple this with the demanding quest that would limit this to only the best, and you are looking at a situation where the rich get richer. Thus, the only way I can see these exotics not simply breaking the game would be for them to be incredibly easy to acquire, so the playing field is level. However, at that point you might as well just buff the abilities in the first place. I don’t want to discourage you, but personally I would rather see well-balanced ideas for exotics, rather than, “Hey, wouldn’t this be awesome.” Personal opinion, though.

WAIT WTF
This doesn’t work at all because they’re exotic, and they buff other exotics.
For example: The Exotic Warlock Bond can’t be paired with the Crown of Tempests or Geomag Stabilizers, because they can’t be equipped.
One exotic at a time remember?
Overall though, really OP and you could make it even harder to get by making people grind PVE and PVP, such as a bunch of precision final blows in Crucible + 100 Planetary Materials from each planet.

We don’t need more pvp quests, i’d Rather do every raid than more pvp

1 Like

But raids aren’t hard, SO where would be the challenge?

I fricking hate pvp i’m Trash at it

Ah Rip. Crucible is really fun if you’re decent at crucible. The best way to get better if you ask me is too play way too many rumble matches like I do. I usually do AT LEAST 3 rumble matches every day to keep my snipes on point. Here’s what my friend would’ve said though: “Get gud” That’s what he tells me every time I complain about something or if I die for some reason.:sweat_smile:

@Orion_Skyre
Come to mention it, you’re right. You mentioned how it would be akin to a Not Forgotten scenario, and I want to tell you that you’re absolutely right. That quest is really difficult, and those who complete it would be comprised mostly of the ‘Elite Class’ of D2. I should fix this.

@Blitz There’s something about your comment, too! You mentioned how these wouldn’t work at all, because they’re exotic, yada yada. But wrong you are. In the first game, there were some Exotic Class Items, but from my currently limited resources (they will be expanding soon, and I’m excited,) I don’t believe they did anything aside from just being a rarity higher than Legendary. This is different. It’s meant to supercharge your Light’s abilities to the point that it gets ridiculous - and I will give an example.

Taking the assumption that everyone here has played Mayhem in Crucible, you can understand how dangerous things like Geomag Stabilizers, Shards of Galanor, and other ability/super-enhancing Exotics are. Shards of Galanor (technically it would be spelled ‘GalaNor,’ according to the lore tab) can literally give you a never-ending supply of Blade Barrages when you combine it with Mayhem’s ability recharge rates, or the Harmony buff in The Blind Well. I’ve heard tell of how dangerous Skull of Ahamkara (the Warlock helmet thing. If I’ve mis-typed, I’m justified in the fact that I don’t play Warlock at all) can give you multiple Nova Bombs when used on large groups of enemies or when used in coordination with Harmony or Mayhem.

These Exotic items are designed to turn your abilities from a little Toyota Corolla AE86 Trueno (I’m listening to a lot of Eurobeat right now) (puny on its own, but dangerously effective when used properly by the right player) into a full-on Koenigsegg Jesko (Learn what I’m talking about) capable of becoming a weapon of mass destruction all on its own without the need to be super-skilled with your abilities and specific choices of Exotic armor and weapons. With these pieces, you can equip another Exotic piece of armor, and it will be more effective.

Sorry for the long AF reply. I’m tired, and I haven’t had my focus pills.

1 Like

@Just_A_Shadow Noted. Changes implemented.

Cool ideas, really. You have a lot of them as of recently, however. I’m worried that there is TOO MUCH on the Community Creations end of things. It’s not just you, I just don’t want others getting in trouble, that’s all.
To the rest of y’all.
Yes, this is a Forum, but it is a LORE forum. So, if possible, could you either move this to a DM, or keep the Community Creations on the Down Low? I still would like to talk about the Lore, and not Fan Creations that people have created that doesn’t have any direct impact on the Canon Lore.
Thank you! And yet again, Hex? It isn’t just you, I just see a lot of people going to your stuff, so I thought this would be a better avenue. (Sorry if I’m being the “Fun Police”, I’m not trying to. It’s just I don’t want others getting in trouble, is all.)

@Ember-3
Me: Cayde, make a private chat for us.

“'Kay. One question - How do I do that?”

Me: Push the red button.

“OF COURSE THEY’RE ALL RED!”

But seriously, Ember, how do I do that?

1 Like

Click on a person’s Profile Picture Bubble, there’ll be a small blue box that says “Message.” Click on that, and add people to the message, or ask to be invited to the DM Chat that people have decided to create in order to still talk, without clogging up the forums! :smile: