Leviathan on titan//oryxes worm

What do you guys think about the theory that the Leviathan on Titan is oryxes worm? I think it is very interesting and I hope the Leviathan isn’t just and easter egg and it actually turns into something.

1 Like

Personally I believe it to be a young ahamkara I think that’s how its spelled. Even thou the last place they were seen was IO and IO does have those large skeletons. I believe that any remaining ahamkara would go into hiding and not stay on IO where I think the “great ahamkara hunt” occurred. And I also don’t think oryx lost his worm since it was said to consume its host should they fail to provide. I think oryx was pushed back to or banished to the “deep’s throne realm” after he proved capable of either appeasing his worm by some unknown means or resisting consumption through his power or knowledge of the sword logic and if we do see him again I believe he will be either “taken” or controlled by other means yet unknown by one of his two sister’s or even worse by the fifth race

I definitely think it’s a worm and it would seem like a sensible connection if it was Oryx’s worm.

It’s unlikely that the sea monster on Titan is Oryx’s worm. One of Byf’s videos goes through the information more in depth, but the Oryx/worm connection is probably not the direction Bungie is going. One of the main reasons is that Titan is well outside Saturn’s rings, as seen here. Given that Oryx fell from the Dreadnaught towards Saturn, it’s unlikely that he resisted the gravitational pull of Saturn and instead drifted towards Titan.

As for the sea monster being an easter egg, life on Titan has been foreshadowed since vanilla Destiny. From Ghost Fragment: Legends 2:

The Nine are ancient leviathan intelligences from the seas of Europa or the hydrocarbon pits of Titan.

Alongside this is the fact that the Emissary mentions this same line in the Flawless room. If anything, the monster is more tied in-canon to the Nine than Oryx or the Worm Gods.

6 Likes

Is it possible that the ahamkara are the nine? It kinda makes sense if u think about it. A wish granting dragon “shenron” could create exotics and control xur.

1 Like

Probably not. The Ahamkara, for all their tricks, are presumably extinct:

And thus the Ahamkara were made extinct, their call silenced, their solipsistic flatteries erased, their great design - if it ever existed - broken.

As for anyone- Nine included- “making” exotics, exotics are made by a variety of people (Thorn, Red Death, Sunshot, etc.) and are “one of a kind,” but that obviously doesn’t work for gameplay, and so Xur exists. Xur is an exotic vendor, but we don’t have evidence that the Nine are weapons manufacturers. He also calls himself a “trash collector.”

Most of the Nine lore stems from Legends 2 and the nine theories presented within. To ignore those in favor of the Ahamkara being the Nine would make little sense narratively, as well as further confusing the ongoing discussion about any possible Worm God/Ahamkara connection. In D2, Legends 2 has been referenced at least once within the Trials of the Nine Lore, specifically The Long Walk with this line:

The Nine are Ghosts who pierced the Deep Black without a ship and meditated on the hissing silence of the heliopause.

4 Likes

they actually arent extinct you can read the lore on the one exotic sparrow basically confirming the vangaurd are still worried about dragons being alive.

The Dinas Emrys entry only says that the Vanguard is worried about Guardians having had contact with an Ahamkara, not that they are alive:

Zavala: “Guardian Ariadne Gris. Have you had contact with an Ahamkara?”

The Ahamkara don’t need to be alive to affect Guardians. The hallucinogenic effect of exposure to Ahamkara bones was prevalent in Destiny 1:

Plating the Ahamkara bones in silver helps to quiet the auditory hallucinations…oh bearer mine.

Not to mention that, despite being fossils, the other exotics in D1 still used the phrase “o bearer mine.” The Ahamkara may still present a threat, and may still send Guardians off into danger, but there’s no evidence to suggest that there are living Ahamkara, at least not within our system.