Pyramid god in contrast to ghost

The Fallen also called it the Great Machine. This shows that the traveler is simply a human name for the massive orb, and that gardener is probably a more likely name.

1 Like

Tbh the traveler is more than likely not living

Define living please.

Similar to Rasputin, the traveler could be an AI or machine designed to do what it’s done but I don’t think the traveler is made of cells or anything else a living being is made of (besides carbon)

I think that the Traveler has some form of thought, likely similar to the way that the Pyramid spoke to us.

1 Like

As, so not organic or cellular life. I understand.
Would you say the Traveler is alive the same way Exos are alive?

Yes, it is clearly sentient due to how it knows what to do when things happen around it (good example is what happened to ghaul)

I am glad we are on the same page. It makes a conversation more productive.

This idea that the traveler is the gardener, I do not dispute any longer.
But I do propose a change to alpha lupi, if the gardener is the traveler, then it cannot be alpha lupi.
The lupi gear has a wolf and a bird on it, the avatar for the traveler is the bird we see in D2.
So the wolf must be the pyramids.
They apparently were here first, and seem to be linked with the gardener.

Bird representing a bit of a more good intentioned thing compared to a wolf which is a predator, makes sense

That is possible. I always got the impression that Dreams of Alpha Lupi was someone talking to the Traveler or Humanity.

If pyramids are wolves… Would that relate to Iron banner?

Same mentality/metaphor, the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack.
The idea behind what I believe the Ships will show, the “we are legion” kind of race. A nod to the borg from Star Trek, with some vampiric quality’s for flavour.

Not it’s more of a symbolic animal reference because birds represent freedom to do what you want and wolves represent predators or people who would ruin that

I just want to poke in here because I’m seeing a lot of mentions of “Titanomachy.” In ancient Greek mythology Titanomachy is a 10 year battle between the titans(the older Greek gods, the father of the Greek gods was the titan Cronos) seemingly similar to Ragnorack from Norse mythology. So in my opinion “Titanomachy” is forshadowing the battle between the darkness and the light?