Quest: A Voice on the Other Side, Presage (Final Hidden Cache)

Name: The Crown of Sorrow (Final Cache Reveal)
Video URL: Presage | The Crown of Sorrow | Season of the Chosen
Playlist URL: Chosen, Season of the (Story) from Destiny Lore Vault
Recorded: 2021.05.04

Transcript:

++The Bridge, Glykon Volatus

**The Guardian approaches the Bridge and interacts with a data pad behind Katabasis’s body. The Guardian then approaches a room beneath the Bridge. At the back of the room near the windows sits the Crown of Sorrow. It is surrounded by tendrils and dead Scorn, and a machine connects to the top of it with wires running through the ceiling.

Caiatl: What monstrosity is this?

Osiris: The Crown of Sorrow. A Hive artifact of devilish craftmanship, meant to subvert the wearer’s will.

**The Guardian walks closer to the Crown.

Osiris: I suspected it was the crown in question.

Caiatl: More Hive witchcraft. It should be destroyed.

Osiris: It has been altered from its original design. Opened. Instead of controlling minds, it… it’s meant to merge them.

Osiris: It… is listening. We cannot leave the crown free.

Caiatl: You think you can contain it? So did Calus. How long before your audacity damns the City, advisor?

Osiris: Your warning is noted, Empress, but this is Vanguard space.

Osiris: Will you ensure the crown is undisturbed while I make preparations for its recovery?

Caiatl: The Cabal are not at your disposal. Do so at your own peril.

**Caiatl ends the radio transmission.

3 Likes

My first post ayyy.

I wasn’t sure on the title, whether it should denote the discussed content (Crown of Sorrows) or what prompts it (Interacting with the finale hidden cache).

1 Like

Yaaaay! Thanks @ascendantcheese :smiley:

1 Like

hello and thank you for your work! flawless dialogue transcription.
a note or two about location and descriptive content:

• grammatically, Glykon Volatus would be the proper location noun here, no “the” required
  • however, as cool as the name is and as good as the trivia is, i would prefer The Glykon as its common, well-known, and used-in-game name for purposes of casually mentioning “here’s where we are”. its full title might be more at home in a summary/article describing the ship

• regarding the actions up top, “The scene cuts” etc. these describe the editing choices of the video and aren’t necessarily objective descriptions of the in-game action. it’s still fair though to mention datapad, body, entering room, crown, etc.
  • the description of the lower room is good and appreciated. it could be moved up the the top though, as the observations are not really related to the advancing dialogue.
  • one small thing i am not sure is provably true is “connecting it to the Bridge above”

Thank you! How’s this for edits:

++The Bridge, Glykon Volatus

**The Guardian approaches the Bridge and interacts with a data pad behind Katabasis’s body. The Guardian then approaches a room beneath the Bridge. At the back of the room near the windows sits the Crown of Sorrow. It is surrounded by tendrils and dead Scorn, and a machine connects to the top of it with wires running through the ceiling.

Caiatl: What monstrosity is this?

Osiris: The Crown of Sorrow. A Hive artifact of devilish craftmanship, meant to subvert the wearer’s will.

**The Guardian walks closer to the Crown.

Osiris: I suspected it was the crown in question.

Caiatl: More Hive witchcraft. It should be destroyed.

Osiris: It has been altered from its original design. Opened. Instead of controlling minds, it… it’s meant to merge them.

Osiris: It… is listening. We cannot leave the crown free.

Caiatl: You think you can contain it? So did Calus. How long before your audacity damns the City, advisor?

Osiris: Your warning is noted, Empress, but this is Vanguard space.

Osiris: Will you ensure the crown is undisturbed while I make preparations for its recovery?

Caiatl: The Cabal are not at your disposal. Do so at your own peril.

**Caiatl ends the radio transmission.

looks fantastic, tyvm

1 Like

Created Presage (Final Smuggling Compartment) based on this post.