Quest: Interference, Means to an End

To view the transcript guidelines visit Transcript Guide

Name: Quest: Interference, Means to an End
URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxsD0rCoGSw&feature=youtu.be
Recorded: 2020.06.09

Transcript:

Perseverance

++ Cradle Descent, Echo Mesa, Io

** The Guardian arrives in the Cradle to break Savathûn’s assault and help Eris secure the Cradle.

// OPTIONAL
{
Eris Morn: The servants of Savathûn fight to keep us from the messages of Darkness. Use the Seed to dispel their foul influence.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Eris Morn: Savathûn’s forces reach toward the Darkness. Use the Seed to burn them away.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Eris Morn: Savathûn’s influence over the Cradle grows. Retake the Tree of Silver Wings.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Eris Morn: The Pyramids speak to us, but Savathûn’s forces interfere. Banish them so our studies can continue.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Eris Morn: Frenzied creatures swarm the tree once more. Do not let them keep us from the messages of the Pyramids.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Eris Morn: Enemies of the Light swarm the roots of the great tree. Bring the Seed and banish them once more.
}

++ The Cradle, Echo Mesa, Io

** The Guardian enters the Cradle and find two Envoys of Savathûn summoning Savathûn’s Witness. The Guardian defeats three Envoys of Savathûn and is teleported into the Ascendant Plane.

++ Court of Savathûn, Ascendant Plane, Io

// OPTIONAL
{
Nokris: Cast off your Worm. Your tiny bulb of sickness. Your tethered anchor that drags to the sky.
Ghost: Worm? Speak for yourself.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Nokris: The sky is vast, but shallow. The deep is boundless, but suffocating. There is another way.
Eris Morn: Nokris is but a grave-sewn puppet. Believe nothing you hear in this place, Guardian. Fight well.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Nokris: An agent of violence. What more must you cull?
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Nokris: The Taken Queen frees. Freedom for bondage.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Nokris: Does Xol’s clutch hold you now, as it once did me?
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Nokris: Whispered gifts are promised blades that twist. A liar’s game.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Nokris: Give, and be given. Take, and be Taken.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Nokris: You are abandoned.
}

** The Guardian bears witness by dispersing three rituals gaining access to the area beyond the Hive runes. Savathûn’s Witness appears. The Guardians defeats multiple Envoys of Savathûn and Savathûn’s Witness. The Guardian exits the Ascendant Plane through a portal.

Seek the Seeker

++ The Cradle, Echo Mesa, Io

** The Guardian returns to Eris at the Tree to decipher a message of Darkness.

// OPTIONAL {
// NOTE The player deciphers the first week’s message
Eris Morn: Well done, Guardian. I will interpret the Darkness’s messages as best I can. Although this particular form of communication is… logographic, composed of evocative glyphs. Metaphors, really. For example, this message… this word could mean “protected,” but it is loaded with subtext. These are connotations of blithe authoritarian forces, unshakable in their faith. The translation “sheltered” would not be sinister enough. Perhaps… “gelded?” Clearly, the Darkness does not believe the Traveler to be as benevolent as we do. Continue your efforts. We have much to learn.
}

// OPTIONAL {
// NOTE The player deciphers the second week’s message
Eris: This is a simple message: “eggshell.” The term carries all the impermanence and fragility you would expect. The Darkness sees the Traveler as something keeping us isolated from the outside world. It is a barrier we are meant to outgrow — and break through.
}

// OPTIONAL {
// NOTE The player deciphers the third week’s message
Eris Morn: This construction is “white.” Not like the color, but the absence of color. An indistinct void, overexposed sameness of a thing long dead. The white of bleached bone; of the Traveler.
}

2 Likes

In seems Nokris has different lines when entering the Court. I didn’t get the same line as Eruke.

I’ve noticed this too. Found a few other sources on YouTube and you can run this mission three times a week (once per character), so I’ll try to get some new dialogue on my other characters. If you or anyone else finds some new dialogue, feel free to add it to this thread.

So, here are (some of) the other lines I’ve found so far from Nokris after entering the Court of Savathûn.

(@ 4:22) Nokris: The sky is vast, but shallow. The deep is boundless, but suffocating. There is another way.
Eris Morn: Nokris is but a grave-sewn puppet. Believe nothing you hear in this place, Guardian. Fight well.

(@ 5:35) Nokris: You are abandoned.

(@ 3:23) Nokris: An agent of violence. What more must you cull?

(@ 3:05) Nokris: The Taken Queen frees. Freedom for bondage.

(@ 6:38) Nokris: Does Xol’s clutch hold you now, as it once did me?

(@ 5:05) Nokris: Whispered gifts are promised blades that twist. A liar’s game.

(@ 4:15) Nokris: Give and be given. Take and be taken.
(Need to find another source - no subtitles)

1 Like

So I updated the post with more quotes from Eris at the start of the mission and more quotes from Nokris when you enter the Court of Savathun. Kept the OG source in there because the thumbnail is too good to lose.

Week 2 Transcript
Week 3 Transcript

1 Like