Quest: Interference, Means to an End (Week 1)

Name: Quest: Interference, Means to an End (Week 1)
URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxsD0rCoGSw&list=PLuETOCJ3rwAarGQ_QYObVxccegFrOGbY9&index=1
Recorded: 2020.06.09

Transcript:

++ Cradle Descent, Echo Mesa, Io

// OPTIONAL
{
Eris Morn: The servants of Savathûn fight to keep us from the messages of Darkness. Use the Seed to dispel their foul influence.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Eris Morn: Savathûn’s forces reach towards the Darkness. Use the Seed to burn them away.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Eris Morn: Savathûn’s influence over the Cradle grows. Retake the Tree of Silver Wings.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Eris Morn: The Pyramids speak to us, but Savathûn’s forces interfere. Banish them so our studies could continue.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Eris Morn: Frenzied creatures swarm the tree once more. Do not let them keep us from the message of the Pyramids.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Eris Morn: Savathûn’s forces attack the Cradle. Destroy them, and use the Seed to reveal the secrets that sleep within.
}

** The Guardian heads towards the Tree of Silver Wings.

++ The Cradle, Echo Mesa, Io

** The Guardian enters the area with the Tree of Silver Wings and finds two Envoys of Savathûn summoning Savathûn’s Witness, a huge Shrieker. Savathûn’s Witness teleports away. The Guardian defeats the Envoys of Savathûn and the other Taken which appear. The Guardian heads towards the area where Savathûn’s Witness has teleported to. Another Envoy of Savathûn appears. The Guardian defeats the Envoy of Savathûn and fights against Savathûn’s Witness. Savathûn’s Witness teleports away again and the Guardian is teleported to the Ascendant Plane.

++ Court of Savathûn, Ascendant Plane, Io

// OPTIONAL
{
Nokris: Cast off your Worm. Your tiny bulb of sickness. Your tethered anchor that drags to the sky.
Ghost: Worm? Speak for yourself.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Nokris: The sky is vast, but shallow. The deep is boundless, but suffocating. There is another way.
Eris Morn: Nokris is but a grave-sewn puppet. Believe nothing you hear in this place, Guardian. Fight well.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Nokris: The Taken Queen saves. Freedom for bondage.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Nokris: Whispered gifts are promised blades that twist. A liar’s game.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Nokris: Does Xol’s clutch hold you now, as it once did me?
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Nokris: Give, and be given. Take, and be Taken.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Nokris: An agent of violence. What more must you cull?
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Nokris: You are abandoned.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Nokris: Is malice not enough?
}

** The Guardian defeats the Taken which appear and disperses two rituals. An Unstoppable Taken Phalanx appears. The Guardian defeats the Unstoppable Taken Phalanx and disperses the third ritual. A barrier blocking the entrance to the area with Savathûn’s Witness disappears. The Guardian fights against Savathûn’s Witness. Several Envoys of Savathûn appear. The Guardian defeats the Envoys of Savathûn and Savathûn’s Witness. The Guardian goes through a portal which teleports them back to the Tree of Silver Wings.

++ The Cradle, Echo Mesa, Io

** The Guardian returns to Eris at the Tree of Silver Wings.

Eris Morn: Well done, Guardian. I will interpret the Darkness’s messages as best I can. Although this particular form of communication is… logographic, composed of evocative glyphs. Metaphors, really. For example, this message… this word could mean “protected,” but it is loaded with subtext. These are connotations of blithe authoritarian forces, unshakable in their faith. The translation “sheltered” would not be sinister enough. Perhaps… “gelded?” Clearly, the Darkness does not believe the Traveler to be as benevolent as we do. Continue your efforts. We have much to learn.

PROTECTED

2 Likes

In seems Nokris has different lines when entering the Court. I didn’t get the same line as Eruke.

I’ve noticed this too. Found a few other sources on YouTube and you can run this mission three times a week (once per character), so I’ll try to get some new dialogue on my other characters. If you or anyone else finds some new dialogue, feel free to add it to this thread.

So, here are (some of) the other lines I’ve found so far from Nokris after entering the Court of Savathûn.

(@ 4:22) Nokris: The sky is vast, but shallow. The deep is boundless, but suffocating. There is another way.
Eris Morn: Nokris is but a grave-sewn puppet. Believe nothing you hear in this place, Guardian. Fight well.

(@ 5:35) Nokris: You are abandoned.

(@ 3:23) Nokris: An agent of violence. What more must you cull?

(@ 3:05) Nokris: The Taken Queen frees. Freedom for bondage.

(@ 6:38) Nokris: Does Xol’s clutch hold you now, as it once did me?

(@ 5:05) Nokris: Whispered gifts are promised blades that twist. A liar’s game.

(@ 4:15) Nokris: Give and be given. Take and be taken.
(Need to find another source - no subtitles)

1 Like

So I updated the post with more quotes from Eris at the start of the mission and more quotes from Nokris when you enter the Court of Savathun. Kept the OG source in there because the thumbnail is too good to lose.

1 Like

Week 2 Transcript
Week 3 Transcript

1 Like

@Eruke could you please post transcripts for the week 2 and 3 versions of the Interference mission? It would be better to have separate transcripts for each weekly version of the mission, rather than trying to put all the alternative dialogue in one transcript. Can do something similar to what we did for the Dreaming City missions (eg Broken Corsair) and the Oracle Offering and Queen’s Court dialogue.

1 Like

Created Quest: Interference, Means to an End (Week 1) based on this post.

I made transcripts for Weeks 2-5. I just copied the approved text from Week 1 and filled in the gaps for Eris and Nokris’ dialogue, plus Eris’s new dialogue at the end. I’ll update my seperate sources for their alternative options. Also, I added the lore entries we get from Book: The Singular Exegete at the end of each mission. I’ll need you to re-approve the edits for Week 1 as well. Let me know if there’s anything else I can do in the meantime.

1 Like

Thanks for doing those transcripts @Eruke! Will update the week 1 transcript on Ishtar when I get a chance.

Week 1 transcript has been updated on Ishtar.

1 Like