Saint-14 ~ A Future Imperfect

For those who know about the discovery of Saint-14’s resting place in the future, does it truly imply that he will die/lose his light or is there a way that we, as Guardians, can change his fate? Also what are some possible theories that could cause him to be found like this?

Link to video showing inside of the room: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xOQHyqez88 (credits go to the person who found the glitch)

1 Like

I would like to believe he is in stasis and this story line is far from over, yet just another crumb for us to chew on during our travels upon the bread trail.

2 Likes

There are many possible future outcomes, the outcome that leads to him being imprisoned/ in stasis on Mercury may never even occur in our timeline. If this outcome would have occured we may have already changed his fate by defeating Panoptes. As for how he ended up there in the first place there are countless possiblities; he could have been investigating the Vex on Mercury in our present, past or near future and been caught up in a battle and fallen to the Vex. He could have been (like us) attempting to defeat Panoptes and been imprisoned/ put in stasis for future research.

1 Like

The thing that interests me the most is, didn’t saint-14 leave his own timeline to find osiris? There cannot be two of one person through the infinite forest, there can be simulations but not real live copies. So that means that saint-14 went into the infinite forest, and died (or is in stasis?), so there is no other saint-14 in existence.

2 Likes

That’s a good point. Besides, I believe Osiris is the only Guardian capable of making simulations.

As I understand it, Saint-14 is a guardian we meet (or he hears stories about us) in the future. He is inspired by our legendary acts and receives his ship & shotgun from our future selves. For some reason, he travels back in time. Perhaps because he finds that he existed in the past, and our character wouldn’t be the person we become if he never existed in that time period. He explicitly says that everything he did was to help clear the way for us. But I do believe he is most likely dead, but he is far from gone.

1 Like