So about emperor Calus,

I think that he means something along the lines of assassin or just someone that will operate in the shadows to work for him and get him back in the emperor’s throne

Or, when he says to “cast a shadow” he means for you to grow so fat from strength that you are meteorically large enough to cast a significant shadow. In other words, become ridiculously powerful.

so…update. in destiny 2’s tower you can find the sweeper bot. but it says that it is the emperors advocate. which to me is a little enteresting.

When it says that, I think that Calus has hacked that frame (the robot) to provide his gifts to you in the Tower, so he can reward you without you coming out to him.

my theory is that he’ll give us said powers in penumbra, as the definition, or at least how im perceiving it, is light, us with the new powers, emerging from a place thought to be dark, or Calus

I dunno, I think it just further justifies how shady Calus is.
(A. A ha. A ha ha ha. A ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. -The Comedian)
I have waited for so long to do that.

I think Calus just wants the world to change for the better. He wants guardians to improve and grow stronger maybe with the hopes that they can topple the red legion and he can regain his throne. Why else would he be so supportive of us during the menagerie and during the leviathan raid? He must want guardians to train harder on his ship, almost so they can be like his own Shadows

first off calm down a bit on the old thread revival if you need something explained or want to talk on a matter make a post,
now lore-wise I believe Caluses motives have been stated as to gather the strongest among the races to enjoy the end of the world with him, and while in the process have a bit of fun

I remember hearing somewhere that he wants us to be peaceful so the void can consume us more easily. I’ll try to find the source on that.