[SPOILERS] Dredgen Yor Is Alive...or he can be if he wants to

Additional details: Callum Sol, a shadow of Yor was found by Shin Malphur in the ascendant realm. The Drifters rock ties to the ascendant realm (specifically the Nine). The Drifter could be using motes of Dark to tithe to Yor, or be telling Shadows that’s what he’s doing as bait for them, depending on who’s side he’s really on. Callum Sol’s line of “You’ll never kill us all” has a lot more meaning if the Shadows/Yor have an ascendant realm.

2 Likes

Either way this definitely paints a picture of Shin and the Drifter luring the minions to get to the head. Because no matter how many Dredgens are made in Gambit, theyre nothing compared to the real deal…if you can get to him at all.

1 Like

Also we killed Crota, Riven, Aksis, Atheon, the Mind of the Infinite Forest, and many others. We are by all means more than a god if we employ the Sword Logic, because holy shit. Our ascendant realm would look incredible, but of course, if Dregden is alive. We may have a match to meet

3 Likes

This actually makes a whole lot of sense. Yor saying that his Thorn already saved him does seem to imply he has some sort of backup plan for himself, which could very well be an ascendant realm.

3 Likes

Im saying that either he used an AR to make Thorn, or the lives he took with Thorn made the AR for him

1 Like

The second one makes more sense to me because of the Sword Logic and all that. If he did use an AR to make the Thorn, who would provide the power/AR to create it in the first place?

2 Likes

agreed there

short answer? No clue. But its not out of the question that Savathun used Yor as a tool against the city and gave him the ability to craft the weapon/or just gave it to him outright. After all. The green is hive-y

1 Like

That sounds pretty plausible. The guy (forgot his name) that you fight in the Last Word quest mission wields a Proto-Thorn, which may indicate that it is the prototype version as was the case with the Proto-Hive and the normal Hive after the encounter with the worm gods. If the guy works under Savathun that could actually be it. I forgot the dialogue but I’ll try and find a transcript to check this.
EDIT: his name is Enkaar
woah hold up I’m coming up with new ideas. Enkaar could have actually been making the new Thorn before we killed him in the mission, so maybe the quest for it will have us go and find him again. If he was ascendant, he could have been the one to make the Thorn for Yor.
Sorry if I’m a little all over the place, I’m just making some connections and trying to get them out there.

2 Likes

So Spinfoil Hat theory then?

2 Likes

The Speaker is actually a lizard person… Equips spinfoil hat and the Traveler is making the Fallen gay.

3 Likes

Spinfoil theory but a definite possibility.

2 Likes

OH! I hadnt thought about that

2 Likes

Yeah me neither, nice work. Granted I don’t have Forsaken and haven’t played since Warmind but hey. It is what it is.

1 Like

didn’t we forsake the sword logic by not accepting Oryx’s power, ?

2 Likes

Yes. This is why Toland is mad at us

1 Like

So I made a post a while ago, that if I’m being honest isn’t nearly as good as this one, about the Drifter being Yor or a Shadow. Pretty sure he isn’t Yor himself, but I brought up the theory of an Ascendant Realm but didn’t really have much proof except that he maybe could do it. Looks like you have some solid evidence of a possibility. Well done @HipNuts

2 Likes

Many thanks, headin over to give yours a read now!

Doesn’t look like it. Quest has been datamined: https://www.light.gg/db/items/3080875461/independent-study/

Well i have a couple counters to this.
1.) im not actually saying he is alive. What im saying is that if the writers wanted to bring him back there’s a canonical way they can
2.) the quest itself gives no definitive proof that Yor isnt chilling in the ascendant realm.

Just a spinfoil theory of course.

I love the thought of “spinfoil theories” like. I am considering making a post full of ridiculous spinfoil theories just as a joke. Styling it as a podcast too.

1 Like