Vex locations in Destiny

While looking through lore and seeing some different things I’ve become curious about why the vex are on some planets and not others… currently they’re on Mercury, Venus, Mars, Io, Nessus, Europa, and a little bit on the moon.
I can’t help but wonder why they aren’t occupying more important planets such as Earth or the reef( though I know there are vex there they aren’t occupying it like io or mercury) or even Titan? The vex are powerful, being able to go toe to toe with the hive. And it would be extremely difficult to counter a vex invasion of earth. But they aren’t invading the very planet the traveler sit on and I’m really curious as to why? And through the books of sorrow you know that the vex like invading ascendant planes and pocket dimensions which the reef has both so why is there no pyramidion in the dreaming city or on an asteroid in the reef?

Maybe they fear Earth? It is said multiple times that we are the only thing that they can’t simulate, and maybe that makes them fear us? That could make them not want to go to the very source of that power.

1 Like

See, the vex don’t care about the Traveler, they just want to take over multiple hotspots of vex technology, like on Europa, Io, Mars, and Venus. The vex gates there are crucial to their plan in controlling time itself. We don’t have a vex gate here so it would be useless to invade.

Going along with LordSaladPan here, there have been reports throughout bits and pieces of gameplay and lore that the Vex fear us. Though not necessarily us. They live and die by logical thinking and factors. So it’s only natural that they’d fear the illogical. The Light and the Darkness. All the places they inhabit are places that we or the Hive and Taken don’t have a good grasp on or, in Io’s case, places where we and entities of the Darkness weren’t originally in control of. In the case of the Moon, the Vex there are known as the Sol Divisive, a string of Vex that worship the Darkness and primarily found inhabiting and/or chasing the Black Garden, which is where the raid “Garden of Salvation” takes place. And for Europa, Clovis built a portal straight to the Vex, hence why they’re there even though there is a massive presence of Darkness.

TL;DR All Vex, excluding the Sol Divisive on the Moon, fear the Light and Dark because they can’t simulate it. And so, they typically stay away from where the Light and Dark have a strong presence.

Though, they once got close thanks to Quria, Blade Transformed, who was Taken by Oryx and now serves Savathun. If Oryx had left Quria alone, then both the Light and the Dark would probably be destroyed or integrated into the Vex collective by now. So, one of the few times where we can thank the enemy for something.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.