What you need to know before Destiny 2

At the Ishtar Collective we are really excited for Destiny 2.

Most of my friends in the Destiny community are total lore nerds. But every now and then I’ll chat to someone that’s either new to Destiny and unsure where to start with the lore, or they’ve been playing Destiny for a while but never delved into the Grimoire, or they’re interested in Destiny 2 and want to know why the world of Destiny is the way that it is.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://errata.ishtar-collective.net/what-you-need-to-know-before-destiny-2/
5 Likes

Amazing post Baxter! The only thing I would suggest you guys change throughout all of your records is that humans actually terraformed Venus! In some of the flavor texts, namely the Hesperonauts armor, humans installed terraforming engines in Caladras. So while the Traveler did go to Venus and do some form of Terraforming, it simply made the environment tolerable enough for humans to do the rest. Anyways, really great. Do you mind if we use some of this on Destinypedia?

1 Like

Thanks @Arcmind! We actually already covered this in the post :wink: If you look, when I mention Venus, there’s a footnote which explains that Humans terraformed Venus.

I have to thank @BlueCrew86 for pointing that out to me! :smiley:

And of course, you can definitely use some of this for Destinypedia :slight_smile::+1:

3 Likes

[quote=“baxter, post:3, topic:589, full:true”]
Thanks @Arcmind! We actually already covered this in the post :wink: If you look, when I mention Venus, there’s a footnote which explains that Humans terraformed Venus.[/quote]

So that’s why I saw “1” and “2”. They looked out of place as footnotes doesn’t exist on the forum, but on Errata I could see it more clearly.

2 Likes

Oh awesome. I wondered why it had some strange numbers there. Now I know why!

2 Likes

Wow, reading this thread I found out that Humans terraformed Venus!
I never knew!
#TheMoreYouKnow

2 Likes

Same here, I had completely missed that. Thanks again to @BlueCrew86 :smiley:

1 Like

I just read the card now but it seems that the “terraform engines” made Venus’s colonies more comfortable but I don’t think the Hesperos made ALL of Venus habitable!
But hey, these forums are a place of theory so I can respect how someone could use that as evidence. :+1: