Who is Alpha Lupi?

Always wondered who he was. Could he be one of the nines? His dreams make him look like a kind of god.

I have always presumed that the Traveler is Alpha Lupi, but there’s not really enough information for us to confirm who it is.

1 Like

There is no doubt that the Alpha Lupi is about the Traveler. Who it is are hard task to solve that I haven’t managed to do yet. But I’d like very much share some night reading to you folks.

First thing first, the Alpha Lupi was an account on Bungies Forum created before the revelation of Destiny back in 2013. The account start to post hints towards Destiny and the community had to solve puzzles much like in the game today - The whole story of its puzzles and answers can be found in the link. The answers the puzzles reveal are the Grimoire Cards about our planets plus some small added information which I’d like to point out here.

Now if you haven’t read all Grimoire about Alpha Lupi then here’s the link.
All cards about Alpha Lupi are written in 3’rd persons, which makes it even harder to figure out exactly what the crap we’re reading. The cards are like summary of events, thoughts, feelings and plannings to The Traveler.

Let me show you the additional information given by the decoding that aren’t in the Grimoire Cards. The information is added at the bottom of each Grimoire Card, so read the card first then added information here.

Day 7 - Monday - Moon

Except now it is gone…
And maybe it never was.

Day 5 – Wednesday – Mercury

A name offers itself, and another, and a thousand more.

The answer feels like the iron heart of a collapsed star, and you realize the union between the past and the future is now.

Day 4 – Thursday – Jupiter

You deliver your last orders to an army that needs nothing anymore–––not instruction, courage or even prayers–––and then you hide again.

In ecstasy they search for you, finding nothing but dense quiet dropping from the stars.

Day 3 – Friday – Venus

You draw deep inside, seeking direction, truth…

But all you have are the riddles of your own intentions.

Day 2 – Saturday – Saturn

Eyes that never close gaze everywhere and at everything. You see them in their hiding places.

And they can see you, too

Day 1 – Sunday – Earth/Sun

It seems important, even critical, to tell every star from here to the black between the galaxies that you will be/ your are strong again.

I have found two abnormalities with this information.
1 - The day Tuesday about Mars does not include any new information.
2 - Day 1 - Sunday - Earth/Sun. Earth is the available Grimoire card, while Sun can be found on the Geomantic Figures picture. I don’t know why they put sun there but it could be a mistake, or not. The second thing with this card is that instead of adding a new sentence, it only change the last sentence in the card to you are strong again from you will be strong again.

There has also been theories that the cards are words from The Speaker, but after the red war campaign I feel that this theory has lost some ground.

The word “Alpha Lupi” have two meanings as far as I know. Firstly it is the name of the brightest star on our sky. It is located in the Lupi Constellation.
The second meaning is as easy as it goes; Alpha means first, and Lupi means wolf. This can then again be translated to the first wolf or pack leader.

With this I would like to point out the exotic armor to Titans has a very interesting ending.

That blazing wonder, a gift from the great-eyed god, is their salvation. Or are you?
Perhaps you are the greater god now.

Perhaps you are the greater god now. To be fair, we have beaten alot of powerful creatures and creatures who fits the descriptions of gods, thus making us as powerful as a gods.
Just to make it even more interesting is the exotic chest piece to Hunters.

You’ve heard every last tale of the wolf by now. None of them are true. You are the wolf.

If we are the wolf, we are the pack leader.
if we are the pack leader, we are Alpha Lupi.
If we are Alpha Lupi… (I hope Erin is still lurking around on the forums).

The hunter armor also imply that none of them are true. We’ve seen that before with Savathun making notes in Oryxs Books Of Sorrow. I’d like to point out that the hunter Alpha Lupi was added in TTK, while the Lore Entry for the titan chest was added in D2.

Ay shit 05:40 in the morning.
Sleep is for the weak eh?
Hope some of you learned something new :slight_smile:
I’m out.

Alpha lupi is a sun. The nine have often been compared to suns. I see where this is going.