A New Den Transcript

Name: A New Den
URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsIvnwyJjcY
Recorded: 31.01.2017
Transcript:

Flying into Mars From Orbit
Variks Reef different now. Petra mauled by grief, loss of her Queen. Same for House Wolves. Banner is torn, Kell is dead. And so the seek a cave to call home.

Guardian Lands in Valley Of the Kings, Meridean Bay. Mars

En Route to Trenchworks
Variks Fallen Houses must hunt. Prowl, scavenge, defend. House Devils has Earth. House Winter has Venus. And now Wolves claim Mars. Cabal will not be pleased.

Trenchworks
Guardian ambushed by Cabal
Petra Guardian, stop! I’m reading a large platoon of Cabal soldiers just over that ridge.

After killing Cabal ambush forces
Variks Welcome to the front, Petra. You are well?

Petra Well enough. Guardian, you’re more or less clear to the base entrance. Stay alert. The legion is mobilizing all across the planet’s surface.

Moving from Trenchworks towards Iron Line
Variks You are close. They will have your scent now. Be wary.

Iron Line - finding the Fallen
Petra There! Clear them out. You can’t let them take that base.

After clearing the waves of Fallen
Petra Very nice, Guardian. And thank you for giving me something else to think about. She never would have said it out loud, but the Queen respected you a great deal.

Variks As do I. Wolves here broken, but still more remain. Will continue to track and look for signs of new leader, new Kell.

1 Like

When Petra shouts “Stop!” when you reach the Trenchworks, I’ve always though that line was a little out of sync as whenever I’ve played that mission I’m already engaging the cabal by that point.

1 Like

You are just running too fast Shrui.
Or you can think of it as Petra giving strat advise. Telling you not to push the engagement, but rather hold ground and or prepare to strategically retreat to maintain tactical advantage.

Also, you forgot to add in Petra to the last part.

1 Like

I’ve always found it weird Petra mentioning the Siege Dancers – I can only assume that’s what she meant – as “mobilizing all across the planet”. Like, how does she know and why don’t the Guardians have equal intel since we’ve been engaging them?

And why “all across the planet” when we’ve only ever been in Freehold. None of those other troop movements would affect us, not unless the Wolves were causing havoc enough that the Cabal turned their attention from the Vex. It’s one of those things about the mission which bugs me. That Cabal detachment we engage is surely just a tinesy part of their forces, and they’re already losing lots to other Guardians so that’s not notable.

1 Like

thanks @pirate_dani! Got that fixed.

1 Like

Created A New Den based on this post.