A Question on the Lore

yes I understand that, but the lore book specifically asks if it is an “agent” of the darkness or light, and I am attempting to answer that

1 Like

Ah, I say it seems like an agent of the dark when you look at the smaller picture but if you look at the bigger picture then it is an agent of the light because it stops cancer which would kill you

2 Likes

indeed, and as this is a conflicting nature; hence my previous comment, I agree with you, though I don’t see it as a “bigger/smaller” picture type thing but more of two different proprieties connected to the same thing.

(as for the first part I though I had already covered this in the previous comment but here’s this comment to eliminate any confusion)

2 Likes

I think that this book is similar to Truth to Power: containing useful knowledge but obviously written with a motive beyond edification. The information we get here should be taken with several large grains of salt and some water so you don’t get dehydrated. The p53 entry is a perfect example. Some aspects of the protein can be seen as more in line with the Light/Gardener and others more in line with the Darkness/Winnower (assuming of course that the Gardener and Winnower do in fact end up as those entities).

2 Likes

I mean, it is (supposedly) written BY the darkness, so of course we shouldn’t take anything it says entirely serious. Like what Eris essentially says, don’t believe it, but don’t ignore it. It may be lies, but there may also be truth. It’s a risk that needs to be taken, for it may help us survive, maybe even win, when the Darkness hits us head on. When the “Second Collapse” finally arrives.

Don’t know why I went almost philosophical there at the end.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.