To view the transcript guidelines visit Transcript Guide

Name: Bug in the System
URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRXtNHxPHl4
Recorded: 2020.07.23

Transcript:

++ The Lighthouse, Fields of Glass

// OPTIONAL
{
Sagira: Welcome back. The Vex are running a simulation with the Hive, testing some new variable. It’s not clear what they want, but I’m betting it ends badly for us.
Ghost: Not if we end them first. Let’s hunt some Hive.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Osiris: With Panoptes out of commission, the Infinite Forest is finally vulnerable to attack, both direct and otherwise.
Sagira: Otherwise is us. “Direct” is where you come in. You two up for another round of “shoot the Hive and corrupt the Vex?”
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Osiris: Another swarm of Hive in the Forest. Endless as the Darkness.
Sagira: Don’t be so grim. What Osiris means to say is that the Vex are running another Hive simulation. It’s gonna get messy.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Ghost: Picking up another message from Osiris. He and Sagira want us to head into the Forest. Something about an experiment involving the Hive…
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Ghost: I’m reading bioenergy deep inside the Forest. The Vex are working on something involving the Hive.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Ghost: These readings are similar to the ones deep in the archology on Titan.
Brother Vance: The Hive. The prophecises speak of this. When the Mind is buried and the Keeper returns, the horde will rise from the black.
}

** The Guardian enters the Infinite Forest

++ Infinite Forest, Fields of Glass

Ghost: So, the Vex are simulating the Hive to test a new reality path. There’s an opportunity there.
Sagira: Go cause trouble. The Vex don’t handle “unexpected input” that well.
Ghost: Mess up the tests, give them nothing but garbage output - I like it.
Sagira: So this is what it feels like when we’re in total agreement. Weirrrd.

** The Guardian battles their way through the Infinite Forest

// OPTIONAL
{
Sagira: You two ever read the “Books of Sorrow”? Scary stories. It’s way more Hive than I ever wanted.
Osiris: I found them illuminating.
Sagira: You call it “history”. I call it “a terrifying glimpse into their creepy nightmare sword logic”.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Osiris: Take care to keep your focus once the swarm of Hive begins. Even the strongest of wills can erode beneath a flood of shadow. I am not too proud to admit that I have known fear against the Hive. Even within the Infinite Forest.
}

** The Guardian enters the gateway.

// OPTIONAL
{
Ghost: Simulated Hive are just as bad as the real thing.
Osiris: You think you know what real is? Enough time with the Vex will change that.
Ghost: This might surprise you, but we’ve got enough to worry about without adding an existential crisis.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Osiris: The Hive constantly adapt and evolve, generating new mutations as naturally as we breathe. The Vex know this, and seek to catalog and exploit these mutations in real time.
Sagira: So hey, it’d be great if you could smash this simulation before the Vex can learn anything of value.
}

** The Guardian steps through another gateway.

// Optional
{
The Guardian steps into Mercury’s past
}

// Optional
{
The Guardian steps into Mercury’s future
}

** The Guardian walks into a simulation of the Hive.

// OPTIONAL
{
Ghost: Let’s introduce an “uncontrolled variable” and destroy their precious simulation.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Ghost: Get ready to trash some data. And by trash, I mean “destroy Hive”.
}

** The Guardian destroys a Barrier Mind and deposits its arch charge to disable the security barrier.

// OPTIONAL
{
Ghost: Every Hive we kill is an answered quest for the Vex.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Ghost: The Hive in Mercury’s past. Do the Vex know something about the Collapse we don’t?
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Ghost: Let’s wreck some Hive and go home. This Forest gives me the creeps.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Ghost: Here they come. Let’s put some fear into them.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Ghost: The more Hive we take apart, the more data we corrupt.
}

** The Hive interrupt the sync plate.

// OPTIONAL
{
Ghost: Keep the Hive away from the plate, or I’ll lose my connection to the data.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Ghost: They’ve disrupted my sync with the simulation! We have to get the Hive away from the plate.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Ghost: Too many Hive! They are breaking my link to the Vex data stream.
}

** The Hive sever Ghost’s connection to the simulation.

// OPTIONAL
{
Ghost: They returned power to the barrier. Let’s find a Cyclops.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Ghost: Security barrier’s back up. Let’s rip into another Cyclops and get a new Arc charge.
}

** The Guardian takes out the first wave of Hive

// OPTIONAL
{
Ghost: That’s one sector down. Let’s see if we can stick it out. The more corrupted data we feed to the Vex, the better.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Ghost: Good — the first data set has been completely ruined. Hang in there.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Ghost: That’s the first wave down, but I can sense the simulation rebooting. The more we kill, the more data we corrupt.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Ghost: Keep going. We’ve finished the first wave, but the Vex data collection is incomplete.
}

** The Vex simulate a second wave of Hive.

// OPTIONAL
{
Ghost: They’re ready to go again. You’d better be ready, too.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Ghost: Looks like they want to go another round. Knock 'em dead.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Ghost: Oryx wouldn’t need the Ascendant Realm if he had the Forest.
Osiris: I’ve run that simulation. Oryx always needs an Ascendant Realm.
Sagira: You two both know Oryx is dead, right?
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Ghost: The Forest can generate so many Hive - it might as well be their homeworld.
Sagira: We’ve thought about that.
Ghost: Have you simulated the Hive homeworld?
Sagira: Didn’t go well.
}

// OPTIONAL {
The Guardian defeats the Sword of Savathûn, Proxy. The Guardian defeats the Shield of Savathûn, Proxy. The Guardian defeats the Might of Savathûn, Proxy.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
The Guardian defeats three Heralds of Savathûn, Proxy.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
The Guardian defeats a Hive Ogre, Proxy.
}

** The Vex end the simulation.

// OPTIONAL
{
Ghost: Done. Even I’M having trouble keeping track of all the bugs in their system now.
Sagira: Then maybe you should get out of there, before the entire sim glitches out.
Ghost: Didn’t think of that.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Sagira: All done in there? Good. Vex misfortune is one of my favorite things. Of course, with all the bad data you’re feeding them, there could be side effects in other simulations. Like… the one you’re in. Time to go!
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Osiris: Excellent. Chaos sown in the Infinite Forest. Chaos in the data gathered by the Vex.
Sagira: You weren’t with our mutual friend as long as I was. Turns out chaos isn’t that rare for them.
}

2 Likes

Here’s some more dialogue to add and I clarified a few sections at the end. I kept your lines out of these additions so it would be easier to identify them. Take a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRXtNHxPHl4.

++ The Lighthouse, Fields of Glass

Osiris: With Panoptes out of commission, the Infinite Forest is finally vulnerable to attack, both direct and otherwise.
Sagira: Otherwise is us. “Direct” is where you come in. You two up for another round of “shoot the Hive and corrupt the Vex?”

Osiris: Another swarm of Hive in the Forest. Endless as the Darkness.
Sagira: Don’t be so grim. What Osiris means to say is that the Vex are running another Hive simulation. It’s gonna get messy.

Ghost: Picking up another message from Osiris. He and Sagira want us to head into the Forest. Something about an experiment involving the Hive…

Ghost: I’m reading bioenergy deep inside the Forest. The Vex are working on something involving the Hive.

** The Guardian enters the Infinite Forest

++ Infinite Forest, Fields of Glass

** The Guardian battles their way through the Infinite Forest

Osiris: Take care to keep your focus once the swarm of Hive begins. Even the strongest of wills can erode beneath a flood of shadow. I am not too proud to admit that I have known fear against the Hive. Even within the Infinite Forest.

** The Guardian reaches a gateway.

Osiris: The Hive constantly adapt and evolve, generating new mutations as naturally as we breathe. The Vex know this, and seek to catalog and exploit these mutations in real time.
Sagira: So hey, it’d be great if you could smash this simulation before the Vex can learn anything of value.

// OPTIONAL
{
The Guardian steps into Mercury’s past
}

// OPTIONAL
{
The Guardian steps into Mercury’s future
}

Ghost: Let’s introduce an “uncontrolled variable” and destroy their precious simulation.

** The Guardian destroys a Barrier Mind and deposits its arch charge to disable the security barrier.

Ghost: Every Hive we kill is an answered quest for the Vex.

Ghost: The Hive in Mercury’s past. Do the Vex know something about the Collapse we don’t?

Ghost: Let’s wreck some Hive and go home. This Forest gives me the creeps.

Ghost: Here they come. Let’s put some fear into them.

// OPTIONAL
{
The Hive interrupt the sync plate.
}

Ghost: Keep the Hive away from the plate, or I’ll lose my connection to the data.

Ghost: They’ve disrupted my sync with the simulation! We have to get the Hive away from the plate.

Ghost: Too many Hive! They are breaking my link to the Vex data stream.

// OPTIONAL
{
The Hive sever Ghost’s connection to the simulation.
}

Ghost: They returned power to the barrier. Let’s find a Cyclops.

Ghost: Security barrier’s back up. Let’s rip into another Cyclops and get a new Arc charge.

** The Guardian takes out the first wave of Hive

Ghost: Good — the first data set has been completely ruined. Hang in there.

Ghost: That’s the first wave down, but I can sense the simulation rebooting. The more we kill, the more data we corrupt.

Ghost: Keep going. We’ve finished the first wave, but the Vex data collection is incomplete.

** The Vex simulate a second wave of Hive.

Ghost: They’re ready to go again. You’d better be ready, too.

Ghost: Looks like they want to go another round. Knock 'em dead.

Ghost: Oryx wouldn’t need the Ascendant Realm if he had the Forest.
Osiris: I’ve run that simulation. Oryx always needs an Ascendant Realm.
Sagira: You two both know Oryx is dead, right?

// OPTIONAL {
The Guardian defeats the Sword of Savathûn, Proxy. The Guardian defeats the Shield of Savathûn, Proxy. The Guardian defeats the Might of Savathûn, Proxy.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
The Guardian defeats three Heralds of Savathûn, Proxy.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
The Guardian defeats a Hive Ogre, Proxy.
}

Ghost: Done. Even I’M having trouble keeping track of all the bugs in their system now.
Sagira: Then maybe you should get out of there, before the entire sim glitches out.
Ghost: Didn’t think of that.

Sagira: All done in there? Good. Vex misfortune is one of my favorite things. Of course, with all the bad data you’re feeding them, there could be side effects in other simulations. Like… the one you’re in. Time to go!

1 Like

OK thanks. Do I just copy the text and video link and have you credited too or something?

Pretty much. The only thing I can tell that doesn’t have an alternative line is when you first enter the Infinite Forest that you added - “So, the Vex are simulating the Hive to test an alternate reality path…”

If you want to edit in the alternative line yourself, I left an example at the bottom. But if you’d like, I can edit the post with all the new information, I don’t mind :slight_smile:

// OPTIONAL
{
}

Is alright if I apply optional tags to the stuff already on there and you can add your stuff?

I just went in and edited your post with the optional tags.

Thanks for that. @DrJazzyBebop Can we get Eruke credited as well?

When I upload this transcript to Ishtar, I’ll add @Eruke to the credits.

1 Like