Arm Yourself with Knowledge

To view the transcript guidelines visit Transcript Guide

Name: Arm Yourself with Knowledge
Video URL: N/A
Playlist URL: Exo Stranger Patrols | Asterion Abyss, Expanse: "Their Brethren on Venus" | Beyond Light - YouTube
Recorded: 2020.11.25

Transcript:

++ Asterion Abyss, Rathmore Chaos, Europa

** The Guardian helps the Exo Stranger archive information on Europa by scanning objects in the environment.

** The Guardian scans a Vex structure.

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: Unlike their brethren on Venus, the Vex were not “discovered” here. They were brought. By Mr. Bray himself.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: Just because humanity discovered Vex on Venus first doesn’t mean it was their only entry point. Clovis Bray built a door for them here too.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: You know of the Ishtar Collective. Clovis Bray also tried to crack open the secrets of the Vex. Proof of his failure stands before you.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: This structure dates back to the Golden Age. The Vex-Exo War. If history were just, it would be known as Bray’s Folly.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: The history of the Vex is nigh on impossible to track given their manipulation of time. But I was here when they first came to Europa.
}

** The Guardian scans a glowing red glacier.

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: Red ice is common here and perfectly harmless. Though from the long view, Europa looks like it’s been scratched by giant claws.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: That red glow is a natural occurrence. Comes from some combination of native bacteria and the radiated atmosphere.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: Europan bacteria is preserved in ice. A small colony compares to what’s floating in the ocean beneath your feet.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: Beautiful, isn’t it? The color is a reflection of radioactive ions in the air interacting with bacteria frozen within.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: One of Europa’s natural phenomena. The only kind Clovis didn’t care about. He couldn’t make use of red ice.
}

** The Guardian scans the interior of an incomplete Vex structure.

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: BrayTech’s top engineers studied structures like this one for years, but they never grasped how the Vex defied the laws of nature so neatly.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: As you can see here, on Nessus, wherever they go, the Vex are quick to remake their surroundings in their own image.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: This structure is incomplete. The Vex only stop when they themselves are stopped. We learned that the hard way, during the war.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: Vex constructions uniformly resist natural law. Even entropy itself. No one, not even Clovis Bray, has figured out how.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: This unfinished column was proof that we’d stopped the Vex years ago. Now, thanks to Eramis, they may yet finish their work.
}

++ Cadmus Ridge, Rathmore Chaos, Europa

** The Guardian scans the abyss at the edge of Cadmus Ridge.

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: The entrance to Europa’s ocean lies at the bottom of the abyss. Twenty-five kilometers straight down.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: This abyss reaches Europa’s subsurface ocean. A BrayTech camera still floats down there, amongst arctic plankton and bacterial colonies.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: Expedition rovers, BrayTech employees: many were sacrificed to the study of this ravine. Not that Clovis Bray cared.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: Chasms like these crisscross all over this moon, allowing radioactive ions to flow into the depths of its dark ocean.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: BrayTech researchers dropped a camera down there once. You wouldn’t believe what they saw swimming around in the dark.
}

** The Guardian scans one of BrayTech’s exterior panels.

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: The Europan construction was BrayTech’s most expensive project by far. But it paid off. Centuries later and still intact.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: To say Europa presented an architectural challenge is putting it mildly. What these roofs can withstand is an engineering miracle.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: The exterior paneling was designed to hold up against subarctic temperatures, radiation, and 50 kilotons of blast force.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: The paint job has a use beyond aesthetics. All the buildings were painted so they could be seen even in a whiteout.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: Gale force winds, kilotons of snow and ice, radiation bombardment. And still, centuries later, this roof stands intact.
}

** The Guardian scans Eventide’s emergency fuel tank reserves.

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: These fuel tanks were our emergency reserves. Which Clovis drained for his research trips. So when an emergency came… well…
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: Fuel was a precious resource on Europa. Clovis and I argued over it constantly. He won, in the end. And the people of Eventide suffered for it.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: These tanks once held fuel — for Eventide. But Clovis prioritized research over human lives. When people needed them most, they were empty.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: Fuel reserves. I insisted, in case we needed to evacuate. Which we might’ve done, if Clovis hadn’t wasted it all.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: Eventide required an enormous amount of fuel to stay up and running, but it paled in comparison to the Exo Factory.
}

++ Eventide Ruins, Rathmore Chaos, Europa

** The Guardian scans an old Exoscience computer.

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: An old Exoscience computer. This one is fried, but there were a lot of these stations. We can still find one with data left on it.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: This is where they conducted Exo stress tests. Exposing us to extreme temperatures, radiation, direct bomb blasts…
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: This is where Exos came to be “put through their paces,” as Clovis said. If there’s any data left, it’s likely biometrics. Interesting, but not very useful.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: I tried to erase all evidence of the Exo Project once. I never thought I’d be happy I failed, but… well, I’ve changed my mind about a lot since then.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: All Exoscience computers were routinely wiped clean of incriminating data. But traces may linger deep in the hardware.
}

** The Guardian scans one of House Salvation’s Ether caches.

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: Looks like House Salvation has tucked away some Ether for a rainy day. We should keep careful track of these.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: A House Salvation Ether cache. Even the Darkness isn’t enough to keep them alive, as much as they wish otherwise.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: This Fallen may have knocked their Servitors down a peg, but they still need a steady stream of Ether. Hence the hidden caches.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: House Salvation may disdain their Servitors, but they still need Ether. I’ll make a note. We can use this to our advantage.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: Ether stores for House Salvation. Hold off on destroying them for now. We can be strategic about this.
}

** The Guardians scans one of House Salvation’s transmission towers.

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: The Fallen are thrifty, I’ll give them that. These towers have BrayTech parts in them. Good to know.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: Looks like the Fallen have repurposed some BrayTech leftovers. Perhaps I can find a backdoor into their comms…
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: House Salvation has made a real effort to blast their propaganda far and wide. It’s good to know where the transmissions are coming from.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: A lot of outgoing transmissions, calling for Fallen to join House Salvation. Reminds me of how BrayTech used to recruit.
}

// OPTIONAL
{
Exo Stranger: This must be why I’ve been picking up so many House Salvation transmissions. They’re getting desperate for recruits.
}

I’d like to break this up by region. What do you think?

Sure thing. For the Playlist URL, can I just add the hyperlink at the point where each section starts in the playlist?

1 Like

Yes, I think that makes sense :slight_smile:

this is published and split among

1 Like