Empire Hunt: The Technocrat

To view the transcript guidelines visit Transcript Guide

Name: Empire Hunt: The Technocrat
Video URL: Empire Hunt: The Technocrat | Defeat Praksis | Beyond Light - YouTube
Playlist URL: The Technocrat | Cutscene: "Return to the Crypt and Prepare the Body" | Beyond Light - YouTube
Recorded: 2020.11.12

Transcript:

++ Cadmus Ridge, Rathmore Chaos, Europa

** The Guardian begins hunting down Praksis, the Technocrat within Bray Exoscience.

Variks: Eramis met Praksis in prison, yes? [wheezes] Each day, they spoke through the walls of their cells, dreaming of a new world. His research gave Eliksni the ability to draw power from the Splinters. [insect-like chattering] Be careful, friend. Kill Praksis, and Eramis will no longer be able to empower her followers with Darkness. [insect-like chattering]

** Zedraks-6, House Salvation appears. The Guardian defeats Zedraks-6.

Praksis: Interlopers. Meddlers. Extraneous variables. But perhaps I can make use of you… Your kind make compelling test subjects.

++ Bray Exoscience, Rathmore Chaos, Europa

** The Guardian enters Bray Exoscience and finds a Brig.

Praksis: Let us run a test. Initiating defense protocol NIIRSAI.

** The Guardian destroys the Brig and clear the room of House Salvation forces.

Praksis: No, no, no… Troubling. Embarrassing. I must keep this from Eramis… The data must be clean.

** The Guardian destroys and evades Praksis’s traps. The Guardian destroys a challenging Servitor.

Praksis: This is where your Golden Age Kell built you, hmm? Trivial tinkering. I will elevate it…

** The Guardian proceeds.

Variks: Is it stranger to see this place, Guardian? [wheezes] Eliksni are haunted by what we have lost — but we are not forced to walk the ruins of our former life, as you are. [insect-like chattering]

++ Eternity, Rathmore Chaos, Europa .

** The Guardian continues to destroy and evade Praksis’s traps. The Guardian confronts Praksis.

Praksis: The others did not come this far. You are an outlier. Aberrant. But I can account for you.

** Praksis’s shield generators come online. The Guardian destroys Praksis’s shield generators. Praksis retreats. The Guardian pursues Praksis and discovers Cruxes of Darkness in the area. Praksis arrives on a shank and activates a barrier.

Praksis: Eramis does not permit errors, so I will not fail.

// OPTIONAL
{
The Guardian becomes trapped by Praksis’s Stasis abilities.
}

** The Guardian weakens Praksis. Praksis’s shield generators come online.

Praksis: This is all the Machine gave you? Ha ha!

** The Guardian destroys Praksis’s shield generators. The Guardian weakens Praksis. Praksis’s shield generators come online.

Praksis: [laughs]

** The Guardian destroys Praksis’s shield generators. The Guardian weakens Praksis. Praksis’s shield generators come online.

Praksis: Let em see your tiny Servitor. I will take it apart, like the others…

** The Guardian destroys Praksis’s shield generators. Praksis is shielded by Stasis. The Darkness beckons… and the Guardian becomes empowered with Stasis. The Guardian defeats Praksis, the Technocrat.

** The Guardian acquires Praksis’s Splinter of Darkness.

// REFERENCE {item: enhanced-splinter-of-darkness-2|Enhanced Splinter of Darkness}

Ghost: Variks, Praksis is down. We’re finishing up here.

Variks: Good. Without Phylaks and Praksis, Eramis will grow reckless. [insect-like chattering] Careless. Without her council, she is weak. She will struggle to control this new Dark power. [insect-like chattering]

Ghost: Perfect time for us to strike. Guardian, we should get back to camp with this Splinter. The Stranger will be waiting.

++ Riis-Reborn Approach, Rathmore Chaos, Europa

** Eramis meets with Kridis and Atraks.

Eramis: Praksis and Phylaks are dead. We must retaliate! Atraks. Kridis and I can handle this. Return to the Crypt and prepare the body.

** Atraks leaves Eramis and Kridis.

Kridis: Eramis. We must take pause. These powers are not what we expected. I, too, am impatient. But there is wisdom in caution.

Eramis: [grunts] Caution? Look what caution has earned us. Our enemy exploits our weakness. I will give these Guardians the destruction they crave.

Created Empire Hunt: The Technocrat based on this post.

1 Like