Help us transcribe Curse of Osiris (and Destiny 2)!

chosen was picked up by @NanoSpectro
riptide was @VulshokBersrker
gunslinger was @MyNinjaH8sU
tower was @InSearchOfExo

To those mentioned above. Do you still wish to transcribe those missions? If you do, please re-enter your names above

@baxter question.

According to the mission logs, and DIM there were two ‘talk too’ missions.

Speak to Ikora Rey- Talk to Ikora Rey in the City.
Talk to Ikora Rey- Go to the Last City to speak with Ikora Rey.

Now, in the Red War campaign, you didn’t include them in the list of dialogue to be transcribed. (which, for the record, is nuts) The question therefore is; do we include them as a separate transcript, ignore them, or tag them onto the end of the preceding mission. (Which raises another question. Speak to Ikora comes after Beyond Infinity, but before Deep Storage. Beyond Infinity ends with us going to see Ikora because we don’t know what to do. Ikora then tells us to go to the Pyrimadion. So, do we tag it onto the end of Deep Storage (which doesn’t make sense) or the beginning of Deep Storage (which is wrong for formating.)

I’ll do one of the CoO missions, just give me any random one of them.

No. It doesn’t work like that. Remember, the missions are not easily replayable. So, you have to pick one that you know you can get footage for. And then put your name by it. You pick your own assignment.

What is nuts, exactly?

The list of missions on Destiny 2 topic were pulled from the API. If there is dialogue in the game and it is related to a mission then it should be captured. But I’m not going to add a Transcript to the Ishtar Collective if it’s called “Talk to Ikora Rey”. That’s a pretty terrible title. There could be 100 missions called “Talk to Ikora Rey” over the lifespan of Destiny.

I am happy for the dialogue from those missions to be included at the end of the preceding mission, or onto the beginning of the next mission, or even both. But if neither of those options make sense then we can always come up with a better name than “Talk to Ikora Rey”.

1 Like

They are not all entitled ‘Talk to such and such’ Some of them are, but it looks like Bungie were careful not to double down on the titles. In CoO, one is ‘talk’ and the other is ‘speak’. In vanilla we have

Between Riptide and Utopia we have to speak to Sloane. The flavour text for that was- To strike back against the Red Legion, their transmissions need decrypting. Sloane has an idea.

Between Six and Sacrilege we have to speak to Failsafe. Flavour text for that is- Cayde has left Nessus to join up with Zavala. Before you leave for Io, meet Failsafe face to face.

Between Sacrilege and Fury we have to speak to Asher Mir. Flavour text- Asher Mir has an idea for how to deal with the Almighty. Find him in the Rupture.

There are at least 18 of these ‘speak to such and such’ during the campaign. 5 are back to back right at the end.

So, I agree that having a separate page for a single one is a little ridiculous, I really don’t think they should be left out. The next mission doesn’t make sense if you don’t have the dialogue from the meet. For example, at the end of Beyond Infintiy, we know we have to find Panoptes. Yet the next mission we are heading into the Pyrimidion on Nessus… The only way that the continuity follows is if you include the dialogue with Ikora who has the idea to find a map of the infinite forest in the Pyrimidion.

So, my question is, where does the ‘meet’ dialogue get tagged onto?

I can do Chosen. Do I need to do something or should I just start transcribing?

1 Like

You have completed step 1, now you just need to complete steps 2 to 7 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Wilbsorama When you do A Garden World, do you mind capturing what Ikora says when you have to see her after the mission.

I won’t be able to, unfortunately. I have captured the mission, and the cutscene after, but unfortunately no

Hi all! it occurs me to that the adventures on Mercury don’t exist on this list. I’ll happily fix this. In addition, the Mercury World quest should probably also be transcribed. I’m updating the list presently.

2 Likes

Can’t find a better place to ask this - The ‘help us transcribe D1’ post has been archived, but not everything has been done… is anyone looking at finishing this so the lore is accessible, or did I just volunteer?

1 Like

@Raven85 I think that all of the activities that still needed transcribing were copied over to this post.

And yes, please transcribe anything that has not yet been transcribed :smiley:

1 Like

The following activities are assigned to people, but haven’t been updated in a while… I think… Could you please have a look and see if you still want to do these? :slight_smile:

Sorry for the wait, i’ll try and get it done this week.

1 Like

To save on time (find a fireteam, play again), is it ok if I just rip, edit, and re-upload other vids from youtube?

No, sorry! In order to put the video on our website we need to know that the person who recorded the video is giving us their permission to do so.

No worries, that’s why I asked

1 Like

I will cease playing fallout 4 immediately and get right on it.

:neutral_face:

I mean, it’s ok to keep playing fallout 4!!

1 Like