How to help us create Transcripts [Archived]

Cool. I’m going to do Winters Run as well.

I’ll pick next in line, Wolves Gambit Venus.

Hey everyone, thank you so much for all the work that you’re doing! This weekend I am going to take all of the posts that we have so far and convert them into actual transcripts on the website. I’ll probably continue to do this every few days as we get more transcripts.

I’ve also turned the original post into a wiki post. This means that any user should be able to edit the post. I thought this might make sense to allow people to put their name against an activity so that we know if something is already being recorded! :slight_smile:

I have tried to update to reflect what people are currently working on, and what activities currently have posts… hopefully I got it right!

1 Like

Thanks man. That’ll be a huge help. I’ll go in shortly and add my name to Buried City, haven’t got round to reposting it since the other night when it wouldn’t let me.

On another note.

Strikes with randoms often obscure dialogue because they want throw grenades in your face or shoot things.
So if any of my Strike footage is a bit poor, gimme a shout and I’ll go back in and try another take.

1 Like

Sounds good @baxter just noticed that @ZeeFour did Winters Run. I’ll do The Buried City instead.

Hey everyone, I’d be glad to help someone record. I don’t think I have the capability to record myself, but If anyone wants help running the missions or transcribing them later just let me know.

2 Likes

A question on Skolas’ Revenge. That’s the full Prison of Elders 35 fight, am I right?

Oh wait…yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees?

1 Like

I have put my name next to “Queen’s Ransom”, but I’ll post here anyway to remind folk to check the wee list.
I’ll have it up shortly.

Sorry, I thought I had removed that. I don’t think there’s any useful or important dialogue in the PoE, at least not compared to your average strike or mission, so let’s not record PoE just yet :slightly_smiling_face:

I recorded the buried city last night, just need to transcribe

1 Like

I’ve been doing this for a few weeks now. Im doing all of them right now. its not fast but ill help

1 Like

Hey @grneyedmusiklvr, I think @unisys12 is on xbox too, maybe you could get together and record some strikes? :slight_smile:

@SentinelDad great work! I can’t wait to see it :smiley:

@VulshokBersrker that sounds awesome, we would love your help :blush:

Im on the Dark Beyond right now, but I reset my Hunter to record all the missions and cutscenes. So I have the Opening cutsecene for vanilla destiny all transcribed. My transcripts are up to Venus missions right now.

1 Like

@grneyedmusiklvr I will need to record my Will of Crota strikes since the video I captured the other night is somewhat corrupted. Would be glad to have you join me. Will be on this afternoon (not sure exactly what time though) , performing the capture, so I will keep an eye out for you.

1 Like

Ok… One issue I am running into with Will of Crota and possibly something else to look for in other strikes - There is multiple dialog with the same strike. I’m not talking about Normal vs Heroic. What I mean is two different possible dialogs in Normal. In the first Normal recording I transcribed, upon entering the Hive Spire in Skywatch, Eris said: “Omnigul’s only purpose is to usher in Crota’s return. If she lives, our fight against Crota’s armies my never end.” . Today, after rerunning the strike and editing the video, I am checking the transcription for continuity and at the same point (entering the Hive Spire), Eris says, “Omnigul’s only purpose is to usher in Crota’s return. She failed, but wont stop fighting until her master’s will is done”.

For now, I am going to mark these differences within the transcript like so:

Your team then makes their way back downstairs and out into Skywatch where you enter a Hive Spire. From here, you reach the Jovian Complex
v1 Eris: Omnigul’s only purpose is to usher in Crota’s return. If she lives, our fight against Crota’s armies my never end.
v2 Eris: Omnigul’s only purpose is to usher in Crota’s return. She failed, but wont stop fighting until her master’s will is done

Not sure if this is very pleasing to the eye or brain though. Totally open to ideas though.

Maybe have those secondary versions at the end of the transcript for anyone to see after?

Yeah, I guess it could be formatted like so…

Your team then makes their way back downstairs and out into Skywatch where you enter a Hive Spire. From here, you reach the Jovian Complex
Eris: Omnigul’s only purpose is to usher in Crota’s return. If she lives, our fight against Crota’s armies my never end.
** Alt

// At the end/footer of the transcript
** Eris: Omnigul’s only purpose is to usher in Crota’s return. She failed, but wont stop fighting until her master’s will is done

But that might be even more confusing for some.

[EDIT]This strike seems to only have this one difference. Others might have more. Might be making something out of nothing, but trying to be cautious.[/EDIT]

It is a good start, but this could get harder further along we go into Destiny. Bungie likes to add more dialogue for strikes as they make more content.

1 Like

Exactly. Totally agree. Just wanted to throw it out there, as a warning, for others.

The shield brothers strike also has about 3 different phrases going into the final fight. My favourite is “Give us the Primus or we blow the ship”.

The newer SIVA strikes I believe have the same thing also.

I’d say use the Directory versions first, and if you come across secondary and alternate versions later in the Heroic playlist, then just keep an eye out and clip it from a recording.

Or maybe just keep the dialogue for the end of the script.

The strikes I did were only from the directory, level 14 version for example. It often gave the original dialogue.