Is Jupiter Fundament? (Spinfoil Theory)

Were the Ammonite on a moon of fundament or one of the civilizations they killed out on their campaign

“Good news. The fifty-two moons of Fundament host a starfaring civilization far more sophisticated than anything you’ve encountered so far. Taox’s ship fled towards the large ice moon , where a species of bony six-armed cephalopods keeps their icy capital. Savathûn’s named them the Ammonite. They seem eager to grant Taox asylum. Idiots.
We tried appealing to their hopes and dreams. This was largely unsuccessful, basically because they’re already happy and indoctrinated. This angered us, so we’ve devised a plan.
Our organs detect a fifty-third moon in orbit of Fundament. A Traveler. Divine presence of the Sky. Now we know what arranged the syzygy." They encountered the Ammonites on one of the 52 moons of Fundament

1 Like

Here ya go, this article says Jupiter has 53 named moons. https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/moons/jupiter-moons/overview/?page=0&per_page=40&order=name+asc&search=&placeholder=Enter+moon+name&condition_1=9%3Aparent_id&condition_2=moon%3Abody_type%3Ailike

1 Like

Lol nice, there are a lot of people that are hesitant in believing this theory but the funny part is that there are more connections that prove it than there are that disprove it. I think the Ammonite fossils are all the evidence I need tbh. Why have two separate ammonite-like entities in one universe that aren’t related?

This is assuming the ammonites in the BoS are any way similar to those on Earth. I also seem to recall, but cannot for the life of me remember where it is from, something saying the Devs put them there just to mess with the players.

Here it is:

I watched the video and it certainly seems like IO IS significant in the lore beyond being a sacred planet. Jesse seemed that these fossils are absent in the lore because there are significant details about these fossils that aren’t ready to be revealed. I got no implication that these fossils were planted on IO, from that dev dialogue you mentioned, just to keep lore nerds like me running in circles. So this actually opens the possibility to my theory being correct in my opinion. I still see no evidence that stands against my theory. I would like to see some counter arguments. I still think those fossils are THE Ammonite fossils and I also think that the Bones located there are in fact not Ahamkara bones, but the bones of the Leviathan of the Deep that the worm gods killed in the Books of Sorrow.

Byf’s video is also inconclusive and even says the bones may have belonged to Leviathan-like creatures and not Ahamkara.

IMO the leviathan was a sentient machine, if you look at the way it was described and the way it talked in its microwave voice I think it’s written.
Not sure been a bit since I read that bit.
Here it is.
And the Leviathan loomed over them, its brow as huge all the continents of their childhood, its great array-fins crackling with the lightning of its life. Booming into the hull of the needle ship in a microwave voice

I read that as echolocation, similar to a dolphin or whale.

The lightning of its life, like it runs on batteries lol

I believe the hive worm gods ate the Leviathan as well in the BoS. So I’m not sure they’d eat it if it was a machine… but hey, anything’s possible lol. I still think the leviathan was a biological/paracausal creature, similar to a whale or large serpent.

2 Likes

The light lives in all things, think the hive wouldn’t eat an exo. Lol. But I can definitely see it both ways, aspects of machine or creature. We could never know how other life forms evolved in the destiny universe (mention of a giant bird lol) because oryx killed most of them.

while this could be true I doubt the Ammonite were that massive, especially compared to the proto hive (the hive fly similar sized ships to us and I can assume they have been flying them for a long while, though there is a possibility that the tomb ships were modeled after the dreadnought, and the hive have shrunk considerably from there proto hive state, though I doubt this due to how “knights” and “mothers” existed before the worm and there would of been some mention in the books of sorrows about there race generally growing smaller) wow that was a long rant

I’m talking about 2 different things. In the Books of Sorrow, the Leviathan of the deep aided the Ammonite armies when the hive invaded their moon. What I’m saying is the Leviathan’s remains would be the massive trail of bones on IO. The Ammonites would be the varying sized spiral shaped fossils scattered all over IO. I’m not saying the Ammonites were as massive as the Leviathan (creature). I’m also not talking about the giant ship that Calus has lol. If you google search ammonites, they’re actually prehistoric aquatic creatures: https://binged.it/2HLFMqH which look just like the fossils on IO, in case you were confused. I’d say the scale of the Ammonites are accurate to what they state in the Books of Sorrow, they even said that they made a Temple out of one of their war generals, that had to be pretty massive.

Your right it is Jupiter. The biggest clue is the most forgotten lore in the game.

check it out: https://www.ishtar-collective.net/entries/hardys-steps#ares-one

The first place current day NASA and our governments saw the Traveler aka Moon X was between Jupiter and IO.

I’ve thought the same has you about this since the Forsaken lore came out with this. Your on the money dude.

1 Like

After reading that, I completely agree with you. Great job on finding that! Oh and welcome to the community!

2 Likes

Thanks Crystal, for the warm welcome : )

I use to post some lore theories myself on r/DestinyLore. I figured I should do that here too since I love the Ishtar Collective website.

1 Like

I’m glad I’m not the only one that thinks this theory has merit lol. Get the Jupiter Is Fundament movement running! Tell your friends lol.

What if I told you destiny was a lie, and this world our guardian is in is actually the guardian’s imagination because our guardian is in a coma