Mission: Visions of Light

Name: Visions of Light
URL: https://youtu.be/lcrZ9q1a4YQ
Recorded: 2018.09.23

Transcript:

Ikora: I understand your visions have taken the form of trees. I’ve seen them too. I went back to Io for answers. The last place the Traveler touched. Io will react to your arrival… if you let it.

++ Lost Oasis, Io

Ghost: I put us down right in front of the crater where the Traveler touched Io.

// OPTIONAL {
// NOTE If you wait before advancing.
Ghost: The Vanguard maps have it marked as “Last Eden.”
}

** Some form of energy bursts from the crater.

Ghost: What. Was. That?
Ikora: Whatever you saw was for you and you alone. The Traveler is speaking to you. Eyes up, Guardian.

** The Guardian finds a small tree.

Vision of Light: Devotion inspires bravery. Bravery inspires sacrifice. Sacrifice… leads to death.
Ghost: These are different from the other trees we saw…
Ikora: These visions are constructs of the Traveler’s Light. And Light reacts to its surroundings.

** The Guardian finds another small tree with several Taken Thrall feeding from the ground surrounding it.

Vision of Light: The Garden grows in both directions. It grows into tomorrow and yesterday. The red flowers bloom forever.

** The Guardian defeats the Taken Thrall.

Ghost: The Taken can see the trees. No… they sense the Light.
Ikora: The Taken are weeds, Guardian. Pull them up.

** The Guardian sees another burst of energy. The guardian finds a few more small trees together with a number of Taken. The Guardian defeats the Taken and proceeds to another tree surrounded by Taken.

Vision of Light: You might have been kings and queens of the Deep! But you have toppled Oryx, and you have not replaced him!

** The Guardian defeats the Taken and destroys the Taken Blight above the tree. Another burst of energy can be seen. The Guardian finds another tree surrounded by Taken.

Vision of Light: Humanity must have protectors… Will you stand with me?

** The Guardian defeats the Taken and destroys the Taken Blight above the tree. Another burst of energy can be seen. The Guardian finds several more trees including another tree that is surrounded by Taken. Kurumo, the Uprooter can be seen in the distance.

Vision of Light: … Even the stars are brighter now… the whole cosmos is ablaze…

** The Guardian defeats the Taken and destroys the Taken Blight above the tree.

Ghost: The Traveler’s been alive for a year. Why has it waited so long to speak to us?
Ikora: The Traveler gave you a vision even before its rebirth. When Ghaul blocked its Light, the Traveler showed you a path forward. The road to recovery is long, but when we grow stronger, so too does the Traveler.

++ Grove of Ulan-Tan, Io

** The Guardian finds the Vex, including Outopos, Stranded, fighting against the Taken, including Val Hragan, Lighteater. The Guardian defeats the Vex, including Outopos, Stranded, and the Taken, including Val Hragan, Lighteater. The Guardian heads further into the tunnels. The Guardian finds Kurumo, the Uprooter, near another tree. The Guardian destroys the Taken Blight above the tree.

Vision of Light: The Light lives in all places, in all things. You can block it, even try to trap it. But the Light will find its way. And the Traveler will defend itself.

** The Guardian defeats Kurumo, the Uprooter.

Ghost: Can – can we get closer?

** The Guardian examines the tree. The tree is cleansed and grows leaves.

Ikora: Congratulations, Guardian. Remember, when we channel the light, we connect to something much bigger than any one of us. Even departed sparks – like Cayde’s – still leave a trace in this luminous web we call the Light.

** Several trees appear surrounded by Light. The Guardian defeats the Taken.

1 Like

Created Visions of Light based on this post.