Multilingual Lore

I don’t know if anybody asked, but Ishtar-collective.net should be multilanguage. It would help a lot to follow the lore.

I know we use English as a lingua franca, but some of us who like Destiny and wanna keep the pace with the lore have difficulties reading about metaphysics, technology, philosophy, physics and astronomy in English. I don’t know, Bungie has some things in other languages. I think it wouldn’t be that hard to apply this “simultaneous multilanguism” to the biggest database the game has. Lore books, objects, armors and guns. There is already a page with the grimoire cards in other languages so it’s not necessary to translate that, neither transcriptions, but at least the lore on the gear and books would help a lot.

(I know Bungie has the books in the triumphs section on their website in different languages, but you have to achieve them while they are already published on Ishtar Collective, but in English)

5 Likes

Oh my! I fully aprove that! That’s awesome idea/ Recently I’ve started makig lorebook for russian community and faced with a problem that lots of flavour-text from vendors interactions are missing from public souces, for example.

So, if I can help ishtar-collective archive somehow in this buisness it would be pleasure for me.

1 Like

I love the idea. I can help with the Polish translation, and I think particularly dialogues would be worth transcribing. The lorebooks, triumphs and weapon lore are in the app, the dialogues are not.

Hey, so, I know this is kind of an old topic, but I recently developed a Chrome and Firefox extension to translate Ishtar in the other Bungie-supported languages. This includes all the D1 and D2 content that is available in Bungie’s API, so no transcripts or dialogues, but it’s still quite a lot of stuff. The Chrome version is here, and the Firefox version here.

1 Like

Awesome Tool