My own crackpot theory

The Ahamkara are not of the Light. They are other, else their wishes would not be multi-faceted. I also do not believe a creature of the Light could be Taken.
However, that is an interesting idea.

Also it would make sense for the strongest guardian to have the light revolve around it

Also remember there is just as much deceit in the tower among the light as there is in the darkness

Sure, less killing each other to get closer to the Light though.

Yes but still just as many lies also no one said even the traveler was safe from being taken

I believe we’ve seen a corrupted shard of the Traveller which looked like it could be “Taken” in some form.

Exactly I assume that being taken is more or less like a disease where no matter who you are no matter how important you are you can become taken

What if the traveler is one of the Nine? when you head into reckoning, you only see 8 orbs/white planets. what if the traveler is a rogue member of the nine

Welcome to the forums Void.
First off, we know the Nine are Gaia intelligences, or entities whose existence and advent came from the gross accumulation of life on a planet. They are bound to their planets, both physically and existentially; if their planet dies, so do they and they cannot physically move around like the Traveler. This may be one reason they need an Envoy. There are several good discussion threads on the forums discussing the Nine and their peculiarities if you want to find out some more.

1 Like

well i did some catching up on the lore (mostly read the constellations lore book) and i think that the traveler itself is a being made of light trapped inside (or wrapped itself inside) a shell (much like the ghosts) to travel the universe spreading the word of the sky and making armies of guardians to stand against the darkness and i don’t think we literally talked to the darkness in the unveiling lore book just a proxy or very powerful user of the dark and i might be stretching a little, i think that the traveler is just proxy of the light or just a massive ghost

What if the Traveler is the planet, not someone who is controlling it. Also, what if the Travelers the only one who found a way to “unbind” himself and move around freely

And also, all we know about the Emissary is what the lore says and what sbhe says. We really don’t know anything about her

Those are good questions, but with no support in the lore. Speculation is always welcome, but without support it tends to lead to fruitless and pointless back and forths.

Why do you say we know nothing about the Emissary when, as you said, we have a whole book on her as well as the Invitations of the Nine and other lore segments?

When we go to the Tower, the Travelers in pieces, so I don’t think he’s “bound” anymore

Sorry for that. I was thinking about something else

so we know that only oryx can make the taken right and the hive have some how got a hold of a vex mind and simulated oryx to make taken and now they make taken so how does the simulation affect the real world when it has been shown that simulation are used as hypothetical situation generators to test scenarios

Whoa whoa whoa, slow down there.
First off, we are not 100% sure that only Oryx can take.
The Vex mind you speak of is called Quria, Blade Transform and it was originally tasked with killing/invading/understanding Oryx and his throne world. The simulation of Oryx you reference is only an approximation, better known as Aurash and that simulation cannot Take, it is not even Hive. The presence of new Taken implies that someone has gained the power to do so. Consensus right now is that person is most likely Savathun.

well what i was asking was how the simulation affected the real world since simulations usually can’t do that

The simulation can do nothing, that I am aware of. Has new lore come out that references that simulation? If so, I am excited.